This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it true that bpo employees cannot grow professionally?
01-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Is it true that bpo employees cannot grow professionally?
I don't have any technical or management degree. I have done masters in commerce. I started my job with mid-cadre jobs and now working at bpo industry & getting good pay. And after getting one or two year experience when I will go to other bpo I will get more appraisal on my current pay. Money is biggest attraction in bpo... My other friend working in bpo gets very high pay. My qualification & some skills are still okay and not up to the mark that I can be able to apply for challenging positions like manager.

I don't have problem in working in bpo. But sometimes I hear taunts from people like - "Oh well so you are in bpo, its an easy catch" Some says - "hey you are in bpo, you are the same people who give tele-marketing calls to us and disturb us" Some advice - Bpo itself is fastest growing industry but its employees don't have growth oppotunities in long term except getting good pay

One of my friend told me that right now though you are working in bpo but don't continue to work for more than 2 years after that find job in other industry. Because if you continue working in bpo then in the long term it will affect your career badly and you will have no growth opportunity... But I seriously need opinion on this - is it really true that there are no scope for growth in bpo sector except getting good pay - And why is the social impression of bpo employees is bad - like sometimes you are looked down upon - eg: some think that you are not talented enough to get challenging job in other industry so bpo was easy catch for you & bpo don't need any talents

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 05:13 AM

Some advice: no one gives a sh*t about it. So stop calling me and asking for Melvin.

Ads

Estupid p.o.s ^

One can not change the perception of others.
BPO experience is not considered in other industries and is unfortunate.
Time will change.