This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Girls) - A long standing crush?
01-25-2013, 08:46 AM
(Girls) - A long standing crush?
I've had a crush for a long time, around a year and a half, who was my best friend. As she was my best friend I did everything I possibly could for her, and as such she did for me. Always had ears for each other etc. Fairly quickly I fell for her. I told her as such and she accepted it, though she never understood quite why I did.

After a certain amount of time the best thing I could do for her was the hardest thing I could, and that was to delete her number so I'd only be able to reply to any messages I got. I told her I was going to, although she didn't believe that I would. After 4 days of silence I got a quick message, content irrelevant but with a smiley at the end. I replied saying I didn't know who it was (because I didn't); after a few messages that was it. I've heard nothing since.

I really don't know what to do for myself as I've done everything for her and it kills knowing that she knows how I feel, what I've done and why and that she also knows I deliberately keep my phone closeby purely for her.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM

She probably feels in the same boat and doesn't want to appear desperate. It's widely known to us girls that if the guy is interested, he should always be the one to text her first. Although you told her that you deleted her number, she may find that a bit weird. The best thing you can do is act normal and play it cool. Don't act desperate by texting her all the time. Things are often so much better without texting, say something like your contract has ended or something and you want to meet up with her in person just to catch up, then hopefully things will flow from there. Good luck!

Ads

01-25-2013, 08:54 AM

ok well if you used to be best friends, then that means you must have some great memories together, so maybe try and go back to basics and simply just rebuild the relationship and maybe remind her of the good times or an inside joke? whatever you think feels right. At least you know you've done all you can and now 'the balls in her court' if she wants to make a move she will. Or whats most likely to be happening is that she doesnt know if you still feel that way about her, so shes too scared to make the first move into getting back into contact (she might not want to feel annoying) so i would say maybe inbox her on facebook or twitter if you no longer have her number and just say hi and see hows she been, maybe mention that you miss speaking to her if it feels right? and see how she responds. if shes really enthusiastic then shes defintley into you and you should give it a shot, but if it comes across that shes not really into it and trying to end the conversation by just replied with short answers, then shes not. WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOOSE?! trust me, from past regrets and experiences go for it! trust me trust me trust me!