This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
problems with signing in with twitter on my laptop?
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
problems with signing in with twitter on my laptop?
I just got this laptop working today-its my sisters old laptop and i mean its really old!! its a dell inspiron 1100, idk if that helps? she was having problems with it randomly shutting off and the motherboard, but anyways its up and running so i download anti virus software and my wifi connector i use on my computer, i tried logging in twitter numerous times. I can get to the website and put in my information but when i hit enter it says like the site's forbidden. its a red screen with a white box that has the text inside and a yellow triangle with a ! on the inside of it. I'm using google chrome, but i also tried with internet explorer, and it wouldnt connect. i read more about it and it says it needs a third party to trust the website or something? what should i do so i can log on? what does this mean? Thanks for all the answers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Caroline,

Open up internet explorer and go to the Internet Options. From there Click the "Security" tab and choose the "Trusted Sites" icon. Then click on the button "Sites". A window will open, where you can add any sites that you wish to be in the Trusted zone. Be sure to remove the check by the entry "Require server verification (httpsSmile...."
Enter the site of interest in the line provided. Site URLs can be typed in directly or entered by copying and pasting. A shortcut method of copying and pasting an URL from the IE address bar is to use the keyboard command ALT+D to select the Web address and then use CTRL+C to copy it to the Windows Clipboard. Then right-click in the space under "Add this Web site to the zone" and choose "Paste" from the context menu.
The site is now added to the list of trusted sites.

Below is the link that you can follow the steps.
http://surfthenetsafely.com/ieseczone7.htm

Thank You,
Dell-Jesse L
Dell Social Media and Communities

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply