This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the danger in making facebook?
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
What is the danger in making facebook?
How can it lead to you being raped and stuff? I find it wierd when parents are overprotective like that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 10:08 AM

Don't give out any personal information to people you don't know.

Ads

its only if you give out personal info to random people NEVER give out personal info if you dont facebook is safe

Again, this will end up on a parody website soon. You can be raped by talking to people you don't know at all.

This new popular application, given under the codeword 'Facebook' is actually the latest in terrorist hardware. When you set up your profile you are opening up your system to a virus that enters the computer and takes all the information. The virus spread to any ipods, flash drives, or memory cards plugged into the computer. The goal of the terrorists is to get the virus around until enough government officials have it so they can use the information of the computers to construct their next attack. You are our last chance to stop this threat. There is a handgun in the night stand. good luck obi-won-kenobi, your out only hope.

The FBI is using the info you upload like a census for global depopulation purposes. If you're on facebook they will kill you. Stay out FB and they won't find you.

They worry because there are news stories and newspaper articles that print stuff about it warning parents to "be terrified of letting your kid on the internet", but it's just the news being the news. Huff and Puff about nothing.

You are only in danger if you are stupid and put yourself in danger purposefully. Here are some ways to have safe fun on facebook, no worries or danger guaranteed Smile

1. Make sure that only your friends can see any personal info on your profile. You can adjust who sees what in your security settings in your edit profile page. Make sure everything is checked to "only friends", especially photos and your wall.

2. Only add people you know. This is the most important one. People will try to add you all the time, but there are places that sell facebook pages made to look like real innocent people for around $25 a page on the black market. So, make sure you have met the person you are adding in person before at least twice (family, someone from school, friends you see at a party that other friends have vouched for as 'normal' etc.). If you aren't sure about someone who has requested you, ask any of your mutual friends. (Tip: you should have at least 1-2 mutual friends with almost every person you add on facebook, if not be suspicious). You can also send them a message asking them where you know them from, if they do not respond or answer something that does not seem legit, do not add them. Period.

3. Do not give out personal info on your page such as your phone number or address. As long as you only add people you know you should be ok putting your email and your current city or school.

4. Do not message people you do not know, do not chat with people unless you know them. If you do chat with someone and you are suspicious of them you can always ask what I call a security question, such as "hey, do you remember back in high school when we had history and that crazy teacher with the weird glasses...omg, what was her name? I can't remember." The person should know the answer. If not, continue to be suspicious. Do not meet anyone, send money, phone number, or anything personal over chat to anyone unless you are 100% POSITIVE you are talking to someone you are sure is legit. Your best friend for example, or your aunt or uncle are ok. (Note: Most people are not out to get you that you know, and it's pretty easy to tell by someones photos, who they talk to, etc. if they are the person they say they are, so don't stress too much. Just be aware that, unless you are talking face to face to someone, you don't know who you are talking to).

5. Don't post pictures of yourself or anyone else doing illegal activities (this includes holding/drinking alcohol if you and everyone in the picture is not yet 21). Do not post pictures of sexual poses/activities or of you or anyone else wearing sexual clothing. Make sure pictures are tasteful of everyone (not just you) before posting to avoid problems later. If someone posts a picture of you/tags you in a picture and you find it impeding on your person inform the person so they can remove it (for example: my friend once took a lot of pics at a party. I was wearing a coat at the party and only a little tank and bra underneath. A guy friend offered me his hoodie when i got too hot, but it was a little big so in one of the pics you could see down to my bra/boobs in the pic. My friend didn't mean to post it, she just had overlooked it by accident since there had been soo many pics. I informed her of it, and she removed it).

Just use your head and remember that golden rule we all learned in kindergarten...do not talk to strangers. The internet is not a happy nothing-bad-ever-happens-here place. Crazy people roam the internet, too. And, just like on the streets of a big city, you don't go around chatting about stuff with creepers in vans or with random guys on the street just cause they want to talk to you. You especially don't tell people where you live, your phone number, and all kinds of other personal things. For goodness sake people, use your brains.

Anyway, hope this helps Smile

facebook isn't dangerous... it's the retarded ppl who give their info out

*i'd protect my kids too!