This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I miss my social life so much </3?
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I miss my social life so much </3?
Hey everyone! I just wanted to vent on here and see if you guys have tips on how I can get back my social life. Ever since I was in High School, my cell phone would always blow up with text messages from friends with invites to go to parties and hang outs. But that was High School, now that I'm in adult life, I'm always working. I'm not complaing about my job, in fact, I love my job! Is just that I miss my friends and I wish there was time to hang out. My days off are Mondays and Tuesdays, my friends are in college and they have Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays off. They're busy on the weekdays, so basically we have different schedules, I even lost in contact with some of my friends because of this. People are always wondering where I'm at and what I'm doing. I barley text them and I don't have Facebook or Twitter since I don't see the reason why I should have one since no one even talks to me on there. I never get text messages from anybody no more. I only have 12 contacts on my phone which is kinda sad lol. I'm suffering from depression, I'm always at the house on my days off. The only time I step out the house is when I need to wash my car, pay bills, etc. etc. I never have time to sit down at Starbucks and catch up with my friends...matter of fact, I don't even think I have friends anymore </3 I miss my old life, adult life sucks! Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed with my job and my car <3 But I just wish I lived in both worlds. Any tips?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Check facebook for old friends and chill with em Smile start a party Smile do somethin

Ads

Maby they just forgot about you their is a person that would not could not do that and that's Jesus Christ make him your friend you don't need drugs and party's to make you feel accepted you have a job and it sounds like you love it why would you want to jeopardize that by doing drugs and drinking all the time its poison

Yip, transitioning from High School to the work force is difficult indeed. It is normal to 'change' friends at different times in our lives (BTW you haven't lost your old school friends. There is a fair chance that you will cross paths with quite a few of them again in the future.)

See this new direction as an opportunity to increase your circle of friends by making new ones (at your work or perhaps when you join a gym or something).