This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I would like to buy a tablet for Christmas i need help choosing between iPad Mini,Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7?
01-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I would like to buy a tablet for Christmas i need help choosing between iPad Mini,Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7?
I will be always listening to music and browsing the web for long hours and using Facebook and watching videos on Youtube and reading eBooks I don't really care with apps but i will want the Youtube app and some games i don't really want a camera on a tablet. Thank u

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 01:30 PM

Out of the three you listed (iPad mini, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7) I would diffidently go with the Nexus 7 because it ships with the newest Android OS (4.2.1 Jelly Bean) and it is by far the best Android OS on the market, and in many ways is better then Apple's iOS. And for price it's over $100 cheaper than the iPad mini (and has better specs than it). Also, you said that you would brows the web, use YouTube, and games and the Nexus is extremely fast (with it's "project butter") and since it's a Google tablet it uses Google Chrome as the default web browser and is one of the best mobile web browsers on the market. I does only have the one front camera, for Skype, video calls etc..., but you said that you don't really want a camera, and it looks really weird taking pics with a tablet. lol
hope this helps

Ads

01-25-2013, 01:30 PM

All of these tablets do the things you want.

If you have any songs in iTunes already, or you already have an iPhone, then just get the iPad Mini - it will be the easiest to switch to.

Otherwise, I think it comes down to whether you prefer simplicity over flexibility. Get the iPad Mini if you want the easiest tablet, or get the Nexus 7 if you want the most flexible tablet.

I don't think you should consider the Kindle at all since Amazon limits which apps you can install; you can't get every Android app there is (which you can do with the Nexus 7).