This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social networking sometimes makes me feel depressed...?
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Social networking sometimes makes me feel depressed...?
The only thing that keeps me away from the "best teenage years ever" is my lack of having a cell phone or camera. I'm waiting patiently and hoping my parents will buy me a new cell phone for my birthday which is in four months...I went this long phoneless so I can wait. My parents aren't the richest people in the world and we are often of a budget, so I can't get everything I want.. but hey I have an Android tablet :-) (which happensto be CAMERALESS!! :c) All in all, I'm satisfied with my life but social networking brings me down.. I'm usually soo Excited and Happy so..ALIVE. I can't help but get insecure and jealous of other girls when they take pictures and get 100+ likes or a bajillion retweets. I have 1,200+ friends on Facebook and got 6 likes on my profile picture..or was it 7 ? Also I follow 150 people on twitter and have 1,240 followers and gets very few retweets like maybe one or two. I don't want to seem shallow or shady. This is how I honestly feel and I don't care if you judge me. Judge me, it's fine but all I need is advice. Could you help 14 yr. old girl out? Pweez?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Grow up.

Ads

You are obviously an emotional weak person if you allow something so petty get you down I would be more sympathetic if you were being tormented on the Internet or something that is really worth your tears. Those girls who have so many followers have properly not even met half of them maybe instead of searching for the approval and admiration of complete strangers talk to people in person and make real friends of whom you would actually value their opinions both positive and negative and not just waiting to be complemented by them. This question really pisses me off because I am also 14 and I really hope people don’t generalize the age because of you. You should be grateful that this is all you have to be depressed about, right now I am on the computer answering questions to distract myself from my violent drunk father who right now is yelling from the other room saying how pathetic and worthless I am you should reconsider your meaning of depression because this is just immature whining.

Maybeeee..... BE GRATEFUL! You don't want to be shallow? Well start by considering the fact that there are people out there who can't afford food!! Didn't get Christmas gifts. Don't get birthday presents. Don't even have a home possibly tonight! Do something besides sit on your phone and mope about what you don't have.

you can get some free twitter followers here , http://youfme.com

join then follow others, others will follow back.

But your core is very pretty now!

Get the cheap cell phones Obama is giving u out.or the cheap $10. Ones at Walmart. Ignore the haters