This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tell me: What is Instagram?
01-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Tell me: What is Instagram?
I'm in H.S. and I here people talking about instagram all the time. My little sister uses it and it seems very popular. I'm not very social and don't have a facebook or twitter, not a big fan of social networking and showing-off in-front of others. However I'm interested in photography, and maybe Instagram can help me with that? Explain what it is to me. Is it an app, or a website? What do high schoolers use if for, anyways?
so it's like tumblr?

do people just take pics of themselves, or what?
Oh my god that sounds terrible.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 07:27 PM

instagram is like twitter, but instead of tweeting, you post pictures.

Ads

Instagram is basically a photo filter. You take pictures with it, and are able to add effects. The point of it is to share your photos with others, but I also like to use it to add nice effects to my pictures. It is an app.

It's both an app and a website where you can take pictures of what you're doing or who you're with and upload them for all your followers to see. It's almost like twitter except with pictures. And you can change the filters on the pictures to make them look cool.

Basic Photo editing application. Used to manipulate image thru filters and tings.

Your better off with using adobe products.

Its a camera services owned by Facebook. it is a photo sharing website which was set up with good intentions,but fell short when it was taken over by 15 year old girls sharing pictures of their dinners with a slight grey tint.

I used it along time ago,until i saw "Spahgetti Yummmm xox" as one of the top followed images.

I almost died inside.

i wouldn't recommend using it if your interested in photography seriously,as in,you have cameras and are willing to think of it as a serious hobby,but if your a stereotypical teenage girl who thinks photography is "fun",but uses nothing more than an iPod camera then its perfect. time to show the world your half eaten mars bar.

one thing its popular for is you can add effects to images you've already taken.

A Website where you post just pics

its a website where you upload your naked pics

You share pictures.

The best app EVER. I think there's also a website of it but you can take and upload photos onto your profile and there's lots of celebrities that use it too. ^.^ I'm @hannahlilydeal haha you can look up that username online and get an idea. You can like and comment on pics, and there's also a "popular page" of all the most popular and liked pics (which changes every so often). You follow people like on twitter and their pics will show up on your home page for you to see hehe. You can post things like what you made, what you did, SELFIEZ Hahaha, or more scenic photography like oceans and hill tops etc. It's good for photography because if people like your photo, it means it's a good shot aha. So yes, great for photography and very ADDICTING lololol. It's kinda hard to sum it up so just download the app (it's free) or check out the website EHHEHEH. Well I hope I helped, trust me you'll love it!Smile