This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter questions - I'm new user!?
09-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Twitter questions - I'm new user!?
Okay, so I made Twitter because I wanted to get it touch with this very minor celebrity, but was disappointed to learn that you can't send Direct Messages to people who are not following you. I think it's strange, 'cause I'm sure that there are people who would occassionally like to read the messages from their fans and there's no way I can do it. Writing a mention is uneffective, as you have very little space to actually write something and it's really not good way to introduce yourself, and randomly replyng to some of their posts is even more so. I had an idea to write a mention to the person and ask her to follow me, so that I can write her DM, but it's kinda stupid and not so possible. Also, how can I see when the person's online, so that I can write her something that she will reply to immedieately (if she wants to, of course).
There are lot of questions, so thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Alright, I am going to try my best here.
I hope the celebrity your trying to contact actually follows their followers, some do, some don't.
I believe that direct messages are for celebrities to be able to contact each other (reason why they follow other celebrities) and obviously.. some would like to keep their social life between each other secret from the public.
There's no way to check if they are actually online, I guess the best way is to just keep checking twitter frequently if they tweet something.
Well twitter was designed to have the word limit so you do not get bored from reading super long tweets.
I guess you gotta mention them a lot to get their attention.
I tried.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply