This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I decent enough to audition in sm entertainment?
01-26-2013, 02:58 AM
Am I decent enough to audition in sm entertainment?
Okay so I'm 16 years old and i want to try to get into the kpop industry i'm self learning how to play the violin, piano, guitar, and drums before my next birthday when i turn 17 i'm a decent singer and need to improve on my dancing... I can only speak one language fluently (english..) but broken vietnamese too Sad((
I'm also not good at school......will that affect my chances? But I'm good at drawing.. If that counts :\
I was thinking that if I can't be school smart I might as well try being really talented? <Big Grin
But talents can always be learned and improved so I'm going to move right to the appearance part
I'm a half asian : half Vietnamese and half Iranian :3
So my skin tone is a bit of a tanned color because of the iranian in me -.-
I have straight teeth because I've had braces before and i have glasses but i put in contacts most of the time and only rarely wear glasses
I want to get lasik surgery though when I'm older :\
My eyes are naturally double eyelidded and my friends always say i have the biggest eyes
So would that be a bonus? Since kpop industries like big eyes? (Or so i've read xD)
I wouldn't say I'm on the chubby side but I think I need to loose a couple of pounds too... x\
Here's a recent picture of me:

http://twitter.com/KawagyoDragon/status/...88/photo/1

I'm not sure if it's visible though 0^0
If not just go to the twitter account : @KawagyoDragon that's my twitter account and I only have 3 pictures of myself on it <:3
I wear absolutely no make up ( i really wouldn't like the feel of it on my face i wouldn't know though cause I've never put it on before >.< but if I do become a trainee I'll bear it)

But I don't know... if I learn the 4 intruments and improve on singing and dancing will i be okay to become a trainiee? Or would my natural looks ruin my chances?
Since i'm not korean i don't have a pale skin tone or a egg shaped head :\
How should I improve on everything?0.0

Thanks! ^^

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 03:06 AM

1. for your language, i think you should go online and learn some korean. Atleast learn how to read. Its not mandatory because they'll give you lessons if you get in but it'll be much easier for you and the judges right? Smile

2. As long as you dont get all F's it should be fine. It will only matter once you become a trainee because SM seems to love studies and alot of SM idols were model students in high school. And lets say you went to audition and it turned out you're a model student with straight A's, it'll leave a good impression. But it wont lower your chances.

3. I'll be honest. For looks, you dont look korean/chinese/japanese which will affect your chances when it comes to looks. But perhaps you look prettier in person and SM wont turn his nose at talent. Im sure you've heard for SM they are more to the 3 races i mentioned. Not because hes racist but they appeal more to koreans and when it comes to looks they are more similar. Plus SM promotes their artists in Japan and China. However, as long as you're asian you still have a chance

4. Instead of learning a bit of each instrument it would be better if you mastered atleast one of them. Theres not much point if you only know a bit of each but arent particularly skilled at any.

5. you can try taking some dance lessons. Kpop is more to hip hop and street jazz/jazz
As for skin tone, SM doesnt really care but some people look a whole lot better when they become fair. Maybe you should try using something like Likas papaya soap. I heard it works wonders for some people

6. natural is good. When you audition wearing makeup they'll think you're trying to cover up your flaws because some people look drastically different after makeup. The judges will also think you're not serious and they'll ask you, are you here to audition or party?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply