This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to sell my paintings online?
01-26-2013, 08:35 AM
How to sell my paintings online?
I have a few paintings that I made recently and I'd like to sell them so that I can buy more supplies. If Im able to sell these paintings then I'd be able to start a new series of about 20 paintings which I would present to local galleries (i live in near washington dc, which has lots of great galleries). I just have no idea how to go about selling them, I may lower the prices. I even made a website just for my art. http://deitrichsart.bigcartel.com/
I already made a twitter,blog, and i will make a facebook soon for my art.
Any tips and ideas will be helpful.
Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 08:43 AM

Don't let the fact that you still have not sold your pictures deter you from producing more.

Ads

01-26-2013, 08:43 AM

I currently have art up for sale on society6.com, it's takes awhile to be known on the site, but there is anything from random scratches on paper to awesome art for sale. Here's what my page looks like. http://society6.com/CameronDuenas
You don't make huge amounts of profit, and they are not selling "original" art, it is all copied, but it is only a one time fee of a dollar to be able to post on the site. The benefit of it being copied is that they can sell your art just as prints, or iphone cases, or t-shirts. They also handle the shipping, making, and taxing of your product.
This is not the only site, just the one I am most familiar with. I just love for other people to see my work.
etsy.com is another, it sells originals but you have to ship, etc..