This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you feel facebook causes a problem in marriages?
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM

nope, I think it actually helps.. found 3 lovers in no time, and it has allowed me to bear my wife and stay married longer

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

it depends on how you use it. is the internet a problem in marriages? people who want to cheat, will cheat. facebook, twitter etc are just another means..

Ads

NO!!! people do!!! facebook is just a tool people use to mess up their marriages!!!

I am friends with at least 4 or 5 old girlfriends, ranging all the way back to 1985. My wife hasn't said anything about it.

I think if there are marital problems, they could manifest on facebook. I think a person that cheat or has inappropriate boundaries... they are gonna do that anywhere including fb. If there is a jealousy problem, fb could fuel it. If a person has a healthy relationship, good communication, appropriate boundaries.. then fb can't hurt that marriage.

it is very easy to get yourself into trouble ....why bother?

Things like this just make my mind boggle. I can't imagine telling my husband that he can or can't have a facebook page if he wanted one. Of course, I can't imagine my husband telling me that I can or can't have one, either. Your friend sounds intensely insecure. I do not think these sites caused her insecurities, and so in that sense, I don't believe they cause problems in marriages, but they might reveal that a marriage already has problems to begin with.

They can cause problems. Not everyone is above temptation and not everyone is trusting. There are a lot of people that wouldn't be tempted otherwise, but by having opportunity right on their computer screen, it gets complicated. I have an ex that had trouble with staying out of sexual conversations on line. It got to the point that he was so into his online life that we didn't have sex anymore...which led to fighting, not being able to trust him and it just wasn't good. We've started speaking again (it's been 3 years) and this is one of the things he wishes he'd done differently.

It is not just FB but the Internet in general. The Internet makes it much easier to find someone to cheat with if you are inclined to do something like that. Before the Internet the only opportunity guys had to cheat was with someone they worked with which opens up a huge can of worms if caught (like getting fired). Now they can meet someone totally anonomous and hook up.

Also, there are a lot of guys out there many of whom are married to women who have some degree of attraction to the same sex. Before the Internet most would never have acted on these desires because that would have involved going to a gay bar or hanging out in a cruisy park, or mens room and risking arrest (like Senator Larry Craig) to meet guys who are into this sort of thing. Now all they have to do is go online.

In my opinion, if the spouses have an issue with a website, the issue was already there to begin with.

People like to blame FB or Twitter for their marital strife, but those websites wouldn't be a problem at all if those people's problems didn't already exist.