This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the big deal about Twitter?
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
What is the big deal about Twitter?
Now & Days Everyone has a Twitter account. Whats the Pros & Cons Of Twitter ?

I Have A Myspace Account , But Not a Facebook Or Twitter. Which one is better out of the three ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Facebook, hands down.

Myspace is behind the times and won't catch up to the feature rich options of Facebook.

Twitter lets people know your immediate thoughts - or where you are.. For example, I could tweet that "i'm headed to the bathroom". The problem is, no one cares about that. You can only blog 140 characters at a time.

Ads

Twitter is just like one part of facebook where you can post "status" saying how you feel and what you are doing. This is really only useful for companies or celebrities since it makes the fans feel closer. It's addicting but worthless. Facebook is the new myspace. It's safer and has more stuff to do. Check them all out. It's not like you HAVE to go back if you don't like them.

Ok, here's a description of the differences of the three.

-MySpace is a public profile that you use to show YOU. You can customize it to reflect your personality and likes/dislikes. There are all sorts of cool ways to modify your profile. Mostly Myspace is just a page with YOU all over it. If you prefer to show what you are all about and what you like, MySpace may be for you.

-Facebook is a public profile that encourages social interaction with others. There are various little fun apps to add to your profile, and you can easily chat with other online friends, ect. It's a great way to meet up with and resume (or just continue) friendships with people that you know. If you want the closest thing to actually hanging with your friends that's available online, Facebook is for you.

-Twitter is the most limited of them. It focuses on just what you are doing NOW. Called microblogging, twitter is a Public profile that makes it easy to constantly update what you are doing for your friends to see via a phone text or a short message sent with a gadget or widget. There are a vast number of Twitter apps, widgets and gadgets, and phone tools for your use. You can communicate directly to other people, but it is not as convenient as other public profiles make it. If you are always on the go and want to share your life with your friends but don't have time to sit in front of your computer, Twitter is the site for you.

Overall, In my opinion, Facebook is the best. But that's because I enjoy chatting with the people I know, rather than showing off me, and I have the time to sit down and chat. I use Twitter to update my Facebook status.(Another cool thing about Twitter.)

Hope this helped! :-)

I have myspace and twitter

I find twitter the best because you can update what your doing and tell people what your doing, you can also follow celebrities and your friends and see what they are up to.
You just have to make sure if you are following a celeb that they are the real thing and not some person who has made up a fake account
its usually easy to see if they are real because it will say that twitter has verified the account as real and they will be following other celebrities. Also celebs usually put link to their twitter accounts on there personal websites so you can be sure Smile

its good for just saying what your doing lol x

http://www.twitter.com/JennyMac91

I've got a Facebook and a (recently made) Twitter.

Facebooks really good, much simpler than MySpace and Bebo and in my opinion alot better. I've fallen in love with Twitter though Smile it's basically just like Facebook status updates but you have a maximum of 140 characters you can use to tell people what you're upto etc.. kinda addictive once you get into it.

If I could only have one I would pick Facebook, but I would reccomend giving Twitter a go, seeing as there's not much to it and it's really quick + easy to make one.

x