This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Call of duty world at war profile already exists?
01-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Call of duty world at war profile already exists?
The title pretty much says it.. Recently me and my buddy bought call of duty world at war to play some zombies together. The thing is every time I start the game up I get this error message:

"DW profile create error 800 - 'BD_PROFILE_ALREADY_EXISTS'"

Even when I try and add him as a friend it just tells me that his account name doesn't exist. (same thing for him when he tries to add me) I don't know what to do to fix this:/ I know I'm patched to the latest version 1) because I bought it through steam and steam will automatically keep me updated and 2) because in the bottom right hand corner it says I'm on patch 1.7

My computer is running windows 7 64 bit (if that changes anything) My sound drivers are up to day (as I have heard that having your sound drivers up to date can fix things) Also my sound is on the correct frequency (again, not sure why but I know that sometimes call of duty will have issues if you're not on CD quality).

I've heard it could have something to do with their servers not working due to hurricane sandy.. I mean I would personally think they would have had that all their servers back up and running by now but I don't know how bad it was down their for them so I could be entirely wrong.

Anyway, all I really want to do is play zombies with my buddy but obviously we can't because of the error DW profile create error 800 - 'BD_PROFILE_ALREADY_EXISTS' and yes I've tried other profile names even ones that don't make any sense at all that I know no one else hasTongue

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 06:31 PM

Sorry to hear u have bought this game at this point! - all the multi-player zombie stuff - ie friends lists are not working - all this stuff has happened when the hurricane hit - the servers are in NY and have not been the same since - Activision don't care about the older games - just MW3 & Black Ops - I have emailed them several times and posted on there twitter site and still nothing - All the other guys online are the same - The support number is for the USA and i am in the UK - so if ur in the USA give them a phone and annoy the hell out of them!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply