This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do a majority of American black people spell horribly on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Why do a majority of American black people spell horribly on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
First, I'd like to say, I do know every race has their idiots an generalizations, but their is a reason generalizations are there. It's because GENERALLY true. Well anyways, I just moved to America from Australia a few weeks ago and I'm fairly adjusted to the customs. Well, I was introduced to some people by a friend and added them on FaceBook. Well, the people I added recommended me to some other friends (who were black). I accepted their request and now I have many black friends on FaceBook. Well, what I've noticed since the day I added them is that their statuses are always profusely/horribly misspelled and I don't mean text talk (lol, rofl, ya, yeah, yah, 4, u, etc). What I mean by horrible is that a majority of their words are misspelled and not because of a typo or they're missing a letter, I mean they purposefully add extra letters to words that would actually need some thinking to comprehend/interpret and even to type. For example, here is a list of the first 6 black kid statuses that pop onto my facebook news feed.

- "Why tf am I up? UuuuugggGGhhhhhHHH" (I learned what tf means last week but that status is not spelled incorrectly.)

- "Whoo gone havee the whip tonite cuhhhhh? Ah neeeeed some too donee pik meee up cuz ah tryna smoke" (I honestly cannot understand a word she's saying. Is she purposefully being racist...to her own kind? From what I understand in that status is, she needs a whip for someone to hang her with (pick her up) so she can try to smoke with someone trying to choke her?)

-"Smhhh , Niggahs These Dayss ..Ionn Eenn Fwuu ..Cummnn At Mehh Like Thatt ? Gett Ya Mind Righttt .." (Again, I don't know what he said. I can't even interpret that.)

-"Whos up w/ me ? Lms." (Not too bad. I understand the status and the w/ is more like text talk than profuse misspelling.)

-"Thass My Thugg Theaa , Its Lovee Deaa" (I can't understand it)

-"Ay yo, dem bitchez be trippin we wuz lyke dionne that gurl aint rite cuz summm up wit her we wuz rite #nevertrustblondebitchez #freedionne #hemyniggah" (This is facebook, not twitter. From what I understand, I guess a girl that this dionne kid didn't like fell and hurt herself, and dionne's friends told him to help, and he decided not to and he got in trouble for it.)

I don't mean to offend anyone by this post but it's just something that went into my mind. My "black" mates in Australia did not spell profusely at all. I skipped their statuses because they wouldn't have been a good example as I did say "American" Black people.

Ads

Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM

Because they are niggers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user

Yes, I understand the depth of your question properly, U see American black people have this ,i dont know how to express it...They always mix up words and use wrong sentences, Such as " Becareful of them boys" .... -_- That's too dumb.....And most of them think talking like stupid will make them popular....That is why i think most of them are doing this stuff Hope i helped Smile

Maybe you just happen to friend or follow ignorant people. 'Majority' means most and that is not the case at all. Your assumption is without merit, base or fact. From what you've posted you follow southern, poorly educated people. That's your own fault.

I always thought it was just a variation of slang. It's like a cultural thing. we had a class in my college where we actually studied ebonics for a day or two and had to translate the sentences into actual english. I sucked at it. Smile But I think it is just to define themselves and their ways by a slang writing style, like when they talk in slang, or dress in certain ways (sagging etc. ) . Obviously they understand it.
I think a lot of that has to do with separating themselves from regular, and formal, and even "white" english. It's almost like a rebellious way to form your own identity, like other groups have done in other ways (hair, clothes, language).