This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My ambition in life is to prevent suicide?
01-26-2013, 08:20 PM
My ambition in life is to prevent suicide?
Okay so Im 13 and I would love to help prevent suicide.
I see so many kids killing themselves which could of been prevented and its terrible.Im looking for some websites I could join that reaches out to kids.
I was thinking I too could make a website.Or twitter/social media for kids to come and talk to about their problems where they won't be judged.
Do you have any other ideas? Smile It's greatly aprreciated thank you Smile
Ps.If anybody on here needs to talk,Im right here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 08:28 PM

You seem like a lovely person first of all, ropes to you for wanting to do something good other than playing video games. When you're older, try and become a psychologist and help people who are depressed or bipolar or suicidal, or any other mental disorder (but you need to have great grades and get into a university to study)

For now, I think you're doing okay bud xx

Ads

You could also talk to some hotlines and see if you can volunteer.

The best thing you can do is just reach out to your peers.

Ones you know are struggling,

And offer them an ear.

Most the time,

People just need to talk.

Its refreshing to see someone who has any sort of ambition on the mental health forum.

I have a very cold approach to suicide and suicide prevention,

But I am just happy to see someone so young serving your community.

Best of luck to you and your mission.

I think that this is a wonderful ambition. There are laws and many requirements and things you do not yet know , that you need to learn first.
teenlifeline.org is a place where you may get some answers and you could talk to someone already trained in your area, like call a therapist, look in the yellow pages under counseling, mental health, and call therapists and ask them if there is any peer counseling you can join to help other teens.
You are opening up to a lot of potential problems if you just do that without anyone trained helping you and without any other knowledge than you have. You could cause more problems and make things worse, without knowing why.
So, this is not a chat site, either, so you cannot offer that, and I recommend you talk to adults already trained so that you don't get into trouble or harm someone that really needs more help than you have to offer or that you understand.
Become a therapist.
Find a method you like and train for it.
happy new year.

InstagramSmile

your my hero :')

why not make a page on everything. that is what i would do :DDDDDDDD

starred and on you on my contact :DDDDDDDDD