This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cons, lets say I'm an investor and I have a new Idea to take to market, it will make me rich.....?
01-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Cons, lets say I'm an investor and I have a new Idea to take to market, it will make me rich.....?
Do you think the first thing I think about is how much it will be taxed? Buffet mentioned this on the Daily Show and he has a point. Before Facebook, as an example, got as big as it is now, did they wonder what they would pay in taxes or go for it?

Raising the corporate or tax on higher income earners has no effect whatsoever on investments or business. What we need is money put into innovation. That makes money and does not kill the economy. All these exotic financial products being traded on Wall Street? Garbage, and its going to kill the economy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 12:38 AM

I guarantee you Buffet was thinking about his taxes back when he FOUNDED his company in the 50's!..only you idiots would found a company and give your tax rates no thought!

Ads

We should take Warren Buffet seriously? Really, the guy who did not pay his taxes is going to give us an education on what people think about paying taxes?

You need a better spokesman for your tax the rich mantra.

Of course they just go for it since taxes are only a percentage of the profit. If your idea blows, you don't have to pay taxes on it.

its a lie. its based on a faulty model developed in the 80's that assumed that if everyone started out as equals with nothing, then high taxes on saving would reduce incentive to save and thus hurt growth long term.
of course, in real life we don't start out equals with nothing. and taxes have nothing to do with incentive to save.

....and such is why you and people like Buffet who don't actually make anything, employ anyone or own anything but paper should not be dictating tax policy on those that do....

...come back when you're a little older and understand the difference between "selling and idea" and "making a product..."

The liberal 'Washington Post' newspaper just announced a special stock dividend for the end of 2012 - to avoid increased tax rates in 2013. And who is the biggest stockholder of the 'Washington Post'??

Warren Buffett.

LOL, I'd love to see you come up with a new idea.

If you don't think businessmen consider the cost of doing business you are a fool .

While it may not be " the first thing " it's right up there near the top.

"Raising the corporate or tax on higher income earners has no effect whatsoever on investments or business."
-LOL, you really believe that?!

Do you also think that the 718 billion cut to medicare (to cover some of the costs of Obamacare) will have no effect on the number of doctors that accept Medicare patients?

Don't forget people who make over 200,000 will also have a tax increase for Obamacare, on top of everything else.

"What we need is money put into innovation. "
-Facebook is NOT innovation, it's a glorified "hot or not" site and the most over-valued IPO in history, which is why it has been plummeting in the stocks since.

The truth is you THINK it will make you rich. Nothing is guaranteed. If people THINK it will make them money, yes they will do it. But taxes are definitely on their mind. It has to be a VERY good deal.

The other thing they think about is deductions and loop holes that will REDUCE this so called tax your talking about.

This whole tax the rich thing sis just a liberal game. It will pay for 8 days of the deficit, what about the other 357 days.