This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thinking of buying a 3DS?
01-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Thinking of buying a 3DS?
Now that the new Pokémon is confirmed as a 3DS exclusive, I'm thinking of buying it. Also, there's a SSB game coming in the future which will feature cross-platform gaming with the Wii U. But I was thinking, is it really worth it?
I'd like 3DS users to give me your opinions about the device. Also, should I buy a 3DS or a 3DS XL?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 09:16 AM

The Nintendo 3DS systems are great. The only thing you need to do is decide which one you want, a Nintendo 3DS or 3DS XL. I don't know if you would care about color, design, shape, or size of the systems because those are the only differences I see. The original looks better with the metallic look, there are more core for it, too. The 3DS XL may be better for people with big hands. If you're an adult, it may suit you better than the original 3DS. However, if you're a child with small hands, the original is a good choice because the 3DS XL could be too large for you to handle. The way I chose is the 3DS XL was easier for me to handle due to the fact that I'm and adult and I have big hands. Just go with the size that better suits you.

Ads

I think the XL's are just a waste, and Nintendo is just desperate for money. I didn't like the idea of the 3DS, because not much has changed, but you can't be getting a DSi because it's outdated. Yeah, get 3DS, but don't play 3D too often, and don't get XL.

it is most definitely worth it. everyone i know who got one is very happy with it. need proof? look at the sales in Japan. since it was released, it's been on top of the charts. here are some of the top games:

Zelda: OoT
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2 (multiplayer)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario Kart 7 (online multiplayer)
Resident Evil: Revelations (online multiplayer)
Metal Gear Solid 3
Kid Icarus: Uprising (online multiplayer)
Star Fox 64 (multiplayer)
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Harvest Moon: New Beginning
Tales of the Abyss
Nintendogs

Games coming in the near future:
Fire Emblem: Awakening (online multiplayer)
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3 (online multiplayer)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (online multiplayer)
Pokemon X/Y (online multiplayer)

eShop:
Netflix
Pokedex 3D Pro
Swapnotes
Virtual Console
Dillon's Rolling Western
Crashmo
Colors 3D

Eventually:
Super Smash Bros
Zelda: Majora's Mask
a new Zelda?
Pokemon Z
Pokemon Ruby/Saphire Remake
MiiVerse
Flipnotes

as for the original vs XL, the XL is the way to go. WAY better and only for a little bit more.
the screen is almost twice as big. and that's for each screen! it has a matte finish instead of glossy. so now finger prints or oil left from your fingers. it has rounded edges. the home/start/select buttons are actually buttons. the 3D can click off instead of just slide off. better battery. comes w/ a 4GB card instead of 2gb. the hinge on the screen doesn't wobble like the original. so, ya. the XL is much better and worth the few bucks more.

If your lucky, you may find a Blue XL that includes Mario Kart. most are sold out, but some are still out there. It's downloaded though, so you get it digitally. (If it's not on there for some reason, check eShop download. u may have to "re-download it")

It's rumored that Nintendo is hard at work to make an adapter for the 3DS so it can be used as a GamePad for WiiU! The CirclePad Pro would be needed because it adds the extra shoulder buttons and analog. If you wont to know if the WiiU is worth it, here are some first party games coming:

Pikmin, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Metroid, Pokemon Stadium, and Mario. all in HD. Retro Studios is working on a big game. they made Metroid Prime and the recent Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's rumored it may be a new Donkey Kong for WiiU. oh ya. they also hired the artist from Uncharted. There's also a rumor that Diddy Kong Racing might be in development.

Specs: the discs hold 25GB just like ps3's bluray discs. the system has 2GB of Ram which is 4 times as much as ps3/360's half gb of ram. it also has a great processor compared to ps3/360's 7 year old tech. people may say the cpu sucks. that's true. but it's the gpu that counts and the GPU is amazing even though the cpu is okay. the GamePad has a fabulous display and there's no lag at all. the Pro controller looks like an Xbox controller, but the handles are thinness are that of a ps3. and it holds an 80 hour charge.

MiiVerse is amazing. Even Sony executives are enjoying it. It's a social network for gamers. You can even follow people like twitter. So you could follow game developers and celebrities too to see what they post.

Nintendo knows what they're doing. These systems are priced great and we're getting new content/games throughout the year. I've owned all the major systems for Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. I currently only own Nintendo's products. They never let me down and their games offer an experience i can enjoy over and over again. You can't go wrong with Nintendo.