This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i forget a girl i dated over a year ago?
01-27-2013, 01:00 PM
how can i forget a girl i dated over a year ago?
so i started dating a girl back in 2011. we broke up on december 28th. i seriously cant stop thinking about her, and its killing me. yeah, ive dated other girls, but i felt like she was the one.. please help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 01:08 PM

allow yourself to.
it's hard and if you dont try and try and try your never going to.
remove her completely along with memories and belongings and find someone else or continue to work on yourself until your ready for the next relationship.
been where you currently are never thought id see the light of day but it has came for me.
good luck to you.

Ads

Wait it hasn't been over a year yet

I think you just have to get closure. Whenever I've gotten really hung up on a guy, it was because we didn't really say goodbye or the breakup was really unresolved, like if someone breaks up with you and doesn't tell you why and then they just stop speaking to you altogether. It's really hard to move on from something like that. I don't know your situation but, if it's something like that then, you should definitely try to talk to her and try to get closure. If it's not like that and you're able to still speak then, I would wonder what your history is. Like, I used to think that every guy I dated was "the one" but, in hindsight, I could see all of their flaws and all the ways that we weren't right for each other. there's also a lot of things that could be keeping you from moving on.

do you work with her or go to school with her? seeing her all the time can keep you from moving on.

are you friends with her on facebook or follow her on twitter? same thing, keeping any contact with her at all will keep you feeling the same way. You should definitely delete her so, you're not constantly reminded of her existence or what's she's up to.

are you a teenager? I hate to say it but, teens tend to make a big deal out of almost everything especially their relationships. trust me, in hindsight, any relationship you have as a teen will seem very insignificant when you have adult relationships.

It's hard to tell what is happening without specifics but, time heals all and eventually you will get over it, trust me. I've been hung up on people for much longer then a year and thought it would never end but, it always did. A lot of it has to do with forgiving yourself and realizing that there's nothing wrong with you. It's easy to get stuck on someone when you feel like they totally rejected you and you deserved it. You don't deserve it and someday you will realize that.