This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of the new iMacs?
01-27-2013, 07:06 PM
What do you think of the new iMacs?
I just got the standard configuration 27 inch iMac with the Intel Core i5 3.2GHz. Is this computer gonna be still fast for the next couple of years, or is it just a few years? I just do web browsing and twitter and email and that kind of stuff.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 07:14 PM

You should have just built your own computer, and then put mac on it (if you wish)

You could have saved ALOT of money by doing that, and still make it more powerful

For £900 you could've put an i7 inside there, with an amazing graphics card and a nice amount of RAM

Although if your just doing web browsing and twitter, why didnt you just buy a cheap i3 PC?

i5's & i7's are for people who want to do hardcore gaming and editing, not for people who go on twitter daily Tongue

But to answer your question, no it wont be fast in the next couple of years.

All my PC's from 2005 onwards get slower and slower over the years, mainly because stuff gets more and more intensive over the years.

Also, technology is always getting better, day by day. So it will probably seem like you have a pile of junk in a few years. To be honest, its a Mac so its a pile of junk now anyway Tongue sorry

Ads

01-27-2013, 07:14 PM

For your use it will be just fine, but it is extremely overpriced as it uses laptop components. Also the mobile graphics card is not powerful enough to run the 1440p 27in display. For people that aren't great with computers it is okay, but I would just build my own computer.