This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo is starting to suck. Where else can I chat?
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Yahoo is starting to suck. Where else can I chat?
I am very unhappy with Yahoo lately. Yahoo News posts some of the DUMBEST, most pointless articles that are full of errors. The public chat rooms are pathetic and have been overrun with bots and pedophiles for YEARS! Instead of working on cleaning up the problem and making chat adults only, they BANNED user rooms a few years back and NOW they are getting rid of all Yahoo public chat rooms as of December 14th.

The only reason I use Yahoo is to chat and meet people. I have checked out a few other public chat sites but they either don't work properly OR they don't have good privacy features and force you to share your age and location with everyone. I HATE twitter, I hate Facebook and there are no good chat sites that have a lot of people.

So my question: What is a better alternative to Yahoo? I want public chat rooms. I would like user rooms. I also would like a site where I can be anonymous and where I DON'T have to make some stupid profile to be a member. It also would be cool if this was free. Does anyone know of good websites where adults can chat?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM

Grindr, skout,

Ads

Phone sex

Glad to hear the good news I'll prolly stop getting spam YIM invites from ppl i never even talked to before that prolly have my screen named saved from back when i Used to chat in the rooms like 4 yrs ago.

Your right about there being lousy chat sites... the yahoo ones weren't even that good either tho. Most chats either force you to become a premium member... or as u said in ur post... blah... Go outside and meet real ppl they usually better and more polite.

It isn't starting...it's been going on for years.

That so many people use it shows that people love nothing more than a train wreck.

The only real alternative I have heard of is Paltalk, but if I am not mistaken, those rooms are all moderated by people. I share your pain my friend. Yahoo cares nothing for its customers. They were fully aware that chat has been overrun by bots and booters for years and have done nothing. Now their latest CEO, Marissa Mayer, feels that destroying chat rooms forever is "progress". She's a joke. Yahoo is a joke. And at the rate they are going, the entire company will be dead and gone in a couple of years. Here is their contact information if you want to tell them how you really feel:

Media Contact Info:
Media Relations
media-inquiries@yahoo-inc.com

Yahoo! Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Tel: (408) 349-3300
Fax: (408) 349-3301