This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So what exactly would be left of the internet if SOPA AND PIPA is passed?
01-27-2013, 10:30 PM
So what exactly would be left of the internet if SOPA AND PIPA is passed?
So from my understanding basically anything that has the slightest bit of copyright will be shut down or extremely limited (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blogs, Pandora, etc) What will be left that's viewable? What would be the purpose of the internet? What would you still be able to go on?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 10:38 PM

Ok, imagine you are in school, and they have a web filter.... You will have about 1 THIRD of that, which is actually useful... If its passed, I am moving to russia, so I can still do what the **** I want on the net

Ads

i hoped it passed so i can have a freedom of internet we shall see

Basically it would become dead with only online dictionaries, retail outlets (then only the largest ones), and some research information, that universities, and schools would use. Everything else could be shutdown or blocked, including email. Email would get shutdown on the premise of circumventing terrorism, how to access pirated material, and get anything deemed illegal. Of course shutting down email providers, would be a boon to the postal service.