This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dad won't let me get Facebook!!! How can I change his mind?
01-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Dad won't let me get Facebook!!! How can I change his mind?
Iv'e tried to get fb since i was 13. my 15th bday is coming up and I really want it. My mum has agreed to letting me get it but if dad says no than it will only be at her place!! I spend one week with dad and one week with mum. I have tried everything, wrote him a list of reasons why I want it, done research on the safety things on fb. Im old enough to look after myself and want to proove that nothing will happen on fb. Im now the last person in the grade to get it and I need it to finish ICT.

Who else has gone through this and what did you do??

Please give me advice!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 05:18 AM

Ads

Don't facebook is a stupid waste of time

The same thing happened with me, but last time waz my mom.. Uhgg I know how u feel not having fb. U can try annoying him until he changes his mind.. Thats what I did with my mom n she allowed me to have my own account Big Grin.. I really wanted fb when I was 11 years old.. Soo my mom allowed me to use her fb account, but I drove her soo crazy just because I was adding my friends n liking kiddy pages soo she allowed me 2 have my own account Tongue... It actually worked Big Grin..

Hoped I helped OSmile..

Good luck on that.. Wink P.S: If none of these ideas work, then try getting ur account without him knowing, but use a different name Tongue.. Done that 2 Tongue

well facebook will do no good to you, but yea your frnds must be there, so also wanna sign up there, my younger sis (14) went thru this but then i (21) help her in convincing my dad and now we both have dad in our frnd's list.. so either you can sing uo without telling them or you can ask you dad to make his profile as well ( if he dsn't have) and if he s alrdy there then tll your dad that you'll add him in you list too. and you sure that you'll not gonna do any mistake by adding unkwn pple there or posting stupid pictrs.

thank your parents, i am NOT kidding. its an eternal hole that sucks away your life............im obviously older . fb is just like if you want everyone to know your life! its seriously stupid unless you are seriously connecting with people through work or marketing etc. webcam+facebook=NO GOOD. didnt you hear about Amanda Todd?

seriously fb can be the ultimate stalking tool for pedo's so as long as u dont add wierd ppl or chat on sites/webcam or show urself in bikinis or anything someone can blackmail or stalk u ( like if u put whr u go to school or someone whose not ur friend make sure they cant view ur friends bc they can find out where they go to school and then know where u go to school etc) with u should be good to go! be careful once you sign up and put info it's sold through something called "data mining" where facebook sells ur info to other companies for research purposes and through that if someone googles your name all this info is gna appear via random websites.