This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a way to block somebody's tweets without unfollowing them?
01-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Is there a way to block somebody's tweets without unfollowing them?
Don't tell me to just unfollow her because TRUST ME I did and I thought she would think nothing of it but because she has a tweet counter that tells her when someones unfollows her she knew straight away. She literally came up to me in person and ask why I unfollowed her and she seemed hurt. I don't know why its just Twitter but she was upset. So I pretended i had no idea that I did and must of done it accidently so I want to not see her tweets but not unfollow her.
I'm going through all this trouble because she literally posts every minute. I'm not kidding it drives me mad and I can't take it anymore.
If you know of such a program or something PLEASE tell me I will love you forever
Shes a friend so I can't just tell her to shut up :/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM

i DONT Think so there is any way to do that.

Ads

01-28-2013, 08:31 AM

Just looked it up, found 3 ways, seem pretty simple, heres the link.. http://www.ehow.com/how_8484679_stop-twe...owing.html

1.Install TwitBlocker to your Firefox browser. This free app interacts with the Greasemonkey Firefox extension to temporarily change the way Web pages look in the browser. TwitBlocker removes the desired user's "tweet stream" from your timeline until you restart the browser. Once installed, simply double-click on the person you wish to "mute" and the app automatically removes their tweets from your page.

2.Create an account at Twalala. This web-based Twitter client allows you control over what is displayed on your Twitter page. You have the option to filter tweets based on certain criteria, such as keywords or phrases, and stop tweets without unfollowing. The service is free and may be used from any browser. You use your Twitter log in details to gain access to the controls. Once inside, choose the options you wish to use for your Twitter session.

3.Create an account with Proxlet. The Web-based interface at Proxlet may also be integrated with a number of popular Twitter solutions used on mobile devices and desktops alike. These include Tweetdeck and Twitter for iPhone. Most browser users choose to install the Google Chrome applet that allows for quicker control over the various Twitter options Proxlet controls. The system does more than just stop tweets without unfollowing. With Proxlet, you can also block certain Twitter apps and filter out specific hashtags to improve your Twitter experience. The settings are automatically synced across all browsers and platforms linked to Proxlet.