This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do you applaud this great american hero or do you call him a threat?
01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
do you applaud this great american hero or do you call him a threat?
The following letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston and headlined “No ma’am.,” was posted in the CNN iReport on Dec. 27 with the included note from the producer and photo. It has struck a nerve with many and is being circulated around social media venues like Twitter and Facebook.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM

Who is he threatening?

Ads

Propaganda gold

it didnt have too much content mostly semantics and poetry.

This guy is a gun nut, not a hero.

He's not MY representative.

And I don't like his threatening tone of voice.

He's not a soldier anymore. GET OVER IT.

He's no threat,maybe a hero,probably end up a martyr...

Sounds like a potential criminal and a fool. You don't get to choose what laws you will follow. And only a fool would post his intention to break a law. But then again, there is no such law. So this is likely boasting for political purposes. If push came to shove, I doubt he would resist.

Voicing his opinion is neither heroic nor threatening. Just a statement of his beliefs.

Applaud. There is no threat in this Marine's letter. He is simply presenting the Senator with some facts. As far as "well regulated militia" goes, apparently some people don't understand the intent behind the Amendment.