This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do people have a thing against chavs?
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
why do people have a thing against chavs?
im not a chav but alot of people have a thing against them its like if your not supposed to be racist so why hate the chav culture so maybe someof them do wear massive earings so do i i love massive hoops they wear tracksuits whats wrong with that not all of them are like that i think alot of people think chavs are in gangs but to be fair alot of them arent they dont all cause trouble if you cant discriminate against ehnic groups why do people discriminate against culture groups like chavs
see this is what im talking about instead of talking about them as a culture group you call them a lack of culture group

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 05:41 PM

A chav isn't a culture group. It's a lack of culture group.

Ads

Agree with the guy below me. Chavs aren't a culture group. They are people who wear trackies. Heck chav isn't a real word.

Because they are rude , offensive and think they are ontop of the world & a chav isn't a culture

wtf is a chav?

I agree with the others, but if we were to push it Chavs would be a subcultural group at best. The thing is they don't exactly have a proper culture, and if it is it tends to be one that is characterised by being loud and anti-social. Those who are friends with 'chavs' get the best of them, but the rest of society don't. Be honest, chavs are the ones playing loud music at the back of the bus. Chavs are the ones intimidating old people and shouting and swearing down the street. They are also the ones who set fire to things. Odd example, I know. Yes, wearing a tracksuit nowadays gets you labelled and characterised negatively, but that's because of stereotypes and expectations. Growing up I even felt labelled when I walked into a shop with a hoody on (hood down!) but people stereotype all of the time. Chavs tend to wear these things so it's how it goes. Yes, not all people characterised as 'chavs' are bad, but do you really think old Peggy down the street cares when she wakes up to find her front garden littered with cans of red bull and beer.

A chav is not at all the same as ethnicity. Ethnicity is complex and it has a huge historical background that affects all social and political realms. Chavs don't.

We all knew a chav or two in school, and no they're not bad deep down, but in terms of society collectively they don't really do much but annoy people.

i dont hate them. i did a subcultural interactive research on chavs ... turns out their pretty cool - they are loud, outrageous, confident, unihibited ..stick to their roots and dont buy into expensive shi_t ... but line the pockets of those trying to make a living from black market goods instead of ponsey rich designer labels so they laugh in the face of consumersim and lets face it - the chavs that are anti social are like that as they realise how ineffective the police are and how hypocritical the system is ... so dont respect it and actually show them up for the soft handed legal system that exists in the uk.

:-)

What do you mean by Chavs? Chavs are Gypsy Travellers and the word "Chavish" means a child in Traveller terms. I think the term chav has been hijacked to describe working class people who have no taste and behave in an unsavoury manner.