This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
100 meter Track & Field tips and help and advice?
01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
100 meter Track & Field tips and help and advice?
So I'm doing track and try outs are on January 22nd and I'm going to try out for sprinting for the 100 meter and more stuff. The problem is you have to sprint under 12.8 seconds to make the team! I think I can do it, I got 13.6 or 13.4 last time I trained but I need to sprint faster! Any tips how to sprint faster and how to make the team? I'm training and working out every Saturday and Sunday. Please I will love some advice on how to sprint faster. I'm only going to do the 100 meter and high jump and nothing else.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 07:21 PM

sprint like fuck

Ads

practice 100 m sprints at least 3 times a week. run about 10 as "build-ups" meaning you start slow and increase your speed. and also run some as intervals; sprint the whole 100m as fast as you can then jog/walk for 100m then keep repeating. and make sure you jog before and after to warm up and cool down your muscles to prevent injuries

All I want to say is practice makes perfect.

Hello Kevin: I also think you can do it!! So from know til Jan. 22nd you keep thinking that "you can do it". You thinking like that will help keep you mentally strong, as you work out.
I'm going to give two sites that I feel will help you reach your goal.
How To Sprint Pt. 1 & How To Sprint Pt. 2 Both are by Destorm! He also has a Twitter, Facebook & Google----go to both sites I'm sure they can help you---I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
How To Sprint Pt. 1---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BmtGNjm7BE
How To Sprint Pt. 2---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmErE5ogKJE
Hope they help you---but most of all I hope you make the track team. Remember stay strong!!
Peace

Do 200m workkouts. do 4 200s fast with short rest. this will make your stronger, there for make you better at the 100.