This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I a Democrat or a republican or something else?
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Am I a Democrat or a republican or something else?
Ok, so here are my views on the different issues.

Economics - I do not like the progressive tax system at all, I think that we should get rid of welfare almost completely (with a few rare exceptions). I believe that people who make a lot of money work hard to do so and shouldn't be punished with a higher tax rate because of their hard work.

Military Issues - decreased spending

Gay Marriage - Support (they don't hurt me at all)

Gun Control - As much as possible. I know people say "guns don't kill people, people do" but that is BS in my opinion, the purpose of a gun is to kill, whether for protection or not. I think that in order to get a gun you should need character references, a background check and a psych assessment. There should be a limit on magazine sizes, ARs should be illegal. If ANYBODY says "well why not just ban cars cause they kill people" you are stupid (in my opinion). Cars serve the purpose of transportation, guns serve the purpose of killing. Ban cars and the entire economy would collapse, ban guns and not much would happen.

Abortion - Support, but think that it should be more difficult to get an abortion and cost a lot of money. Abortion should be a last resort not a "go to" for birth control. I also think that the man of the relationship should have a say in it as well (i think it's unfair that if the man wants to keep the child, he has no power at all).

Affirmative Action - Completely against...I am a white male and it is very hard for me to get scholarships, but if I were a black women it would be much easier, that is completely unfair in my opinion.

Global warming - we cause it, we need to look at alternative forms of energy (which would be encouraged by reducing government spending, and taxes on rich people...give people an incentive for innovating the country)

Health Care - The only industry that I think should be "socialized". This is tough because I do believe that competition is important, but in my opinion everybody has the right to life, which is denied by insurance companies for preexisting conditions that aren't there fault. I fully support obamacare.

Immigration - Pro legal immigration, anti illegal imigration. If you want to come to america, you need to earn your way. That being said, doing our best to make legal immigration a possible opportunity for people is a good thing. Illegal immigrants should all be sent home though.

Church and state - Two seperate things and should be treated that way.

Private property - it's private property, the government has no right to come take it even if they do compensate the person.

Euthanasia - It's a persons choice, but should be strictly regulated.

Death Penalty - don't really have an opinion, could live with it if it was a little cheaper to do, but don't really have a strong opinion.

Social/Human ideas - individual rights. While I personally believe in helping people out, I don't think the government should force it by any means (i.e. raising taxes)

So I basically just went to a site with all the different issues and gave what my views are on everything. I also think we should legalize weed...it doesn't hurt anybody. So, what political party would you say that I lean more towards? Should I say I am a democrat, republican, libertarian, tea partiest (or whatever they're called)?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 12:56 AM

Sounds like you're in the middle

Ads

01-29-2013, 12:56 AM

I have yet to meet anyone who agrees 100% issue-for-issue with either party.

There's a lot of libertarian in your ideas, but the party would disagree with your gun control position.

Here's where you stand:

Economics: Republican and Libertarian
Military: Democrat
Gay marriage: Democrat and Libertarian
Gun control: Democrat
Abortion: none of them agree with you
Global Warming: all over the place. "We caused it" is a Democrat and Green Party position, but reducing taxes and letting the market give incentives is Republican
Immigration: Republican
Church & State: Democrat
Private property: none. Your position goes against the 5th Amendment.
Euthanasia: not sure where the parties stand here.
Social/human ideas: Republican/Libertarian.

I guess that makes you an "Independent".