This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible that Twitter is going to replace facebook in the near future?
01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Is it possible that Twitter is going to replace facebook in the near future?
It seems like that networking site is slowly picking up speed. I'm looking for personal opinions here. Do you think that it will eventually surpass facebook in the number of users it has?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 09:47 AM

Nope. Twitter doesn't do nearly as much as Facebook. It's not going anywhere.

Ads

No, twitter is lame. How self-centered do you have to be to assume that people care about every move you make?

Twitter Rapidly Gaining Acceptance Among Users as an Important Social Media Business Tool, According to MarketingProfs Survey
84% of Respondents in Informal Survey Expect Their Company's Use of Twitter to Increase in the Next Six Months
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/...91644.html

no i have heard that twitter is for old people.

No, twitter is a suppliment to facebook and myspace.

It is possible it will replace google in near future Smile Check out http://www.twuet.com

Excellent question, actually two entirely different questions.

Equally interesting answers thus far:
* People don't care about every move you make
* Twitter is for old people

I would agree with both of these statements. However, just because a person has a computer doesn't mean they know how to use it. Same would apply for a Twitter account. When people use Twitter to post "stupid stuff" it is in my opinion a misuse of the tool.

Here are more comments you have received.
* Twitter is not very useful.
* Twitter is for businesses.

Again I would quite agree. While FaceBook and MySpace have all sorts of "gadgets" and "games" that the user can play with, Twitter has successfully narrowed theirselves down to being little more than a communication tool. However I see this as a good point rather than a bad one when it comes to telling people about the Body By Chocolates healthy chocolate business opportunity.

Your audience has already said they need more than a chat tool.

Yet chatting can be a huge privelage to people with a message.

I guess the bottom line is this.

If your goal of social networking is to goof off and have fun then you might find your space on MySpace and your face on FaceBook.

However if you are more interested in meaningfully connecting with other people interested in your business opportunity then Twitter will be your gig.

So will Twitter replace MySpace & FaceBook? No

However it will segment the groups out better so that you are talking with the people that you want to be talking to.

I would answer yes to the idea of Twitter overtaking the volumes of FaceBook & MySpace -- Iits just a matter of time.

The Chocolate Man
http:BodyByChocolates.com
Twitter: @BodyByChocolate

Lol at all the answers. Twitter is not lame! We just want so much from that tiny little popular site, its just for mere communicatoin with a little spice of social networking. Twitter is like text messaging with web support, but facebook is looking into the future of online activity. It has all the qualities as other sites, plus some ground breaking features to match a calm design. See how cluttered myspace is, with customization and so many features u can get lost. They are loosing millions of profiles while facebook is gaining older crowds and twitter is introducing the most simple platform. In the future, facebook will offer stock, be in conjunction with other leading sites such as google, and satisfy its users with social media content that will compete. Myspace will be based on music, try to attract with big bang features, and use their brand name as leverage to chase down the next innovation. Who ever's idea it is to combine all these guys together and add a new feature that will become trendy, will be successful. The key to me is to sell your company and start from scratch, facebook may wait too long and be outdone by a young'n or not have as much weight. We will see twitter compete in the search field as it can retrieve trending topics conversed in tweets. Twitter has potential to surpass facebook's user count, but they will not stay long or be as dynamic. Like Apple inc, just satisfy your user base and the rest will come follow, u dont even have to advertise much! Twitter was lucky, from celeb support and acceptance by business. Wanna learn more, read my blog at http://tweetcustom.com

Absolutely not, Facebook is it's own site catering for it's own needs. Twitter is something else entirely... although... Facebook may remove the need for Twitter with it's new style news feed.