This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I change my twitter notification tone on my iPhone 4?
01-29-2013, 02:18 PM
How do I change my twitter notification tone on my iPhone 4?
I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 (not jailbroken). I have certain tweets coming to my phone as SMS and I usually have a different tone for those apart from my regular texts. I have made some custom tones (by downloading an app to make it and then plugging in my phone and doing the file sharing thing.) and I want to set one of those custom tones as the tone for my SMS tweets. I know I've done it before, but now I can't remember how I did it. Does anybody know how to help me out?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM

To make custom ringtones:
1. Download a ringtone app from the app Store.
2. Follow the Instructions on the app to make a custom ringtone
3. Connect your iPhone to iTunes
4. Navigate to the 'Apps" tab under the iPhone menu on iTunes
5. Scroll down to Fire Sharing and click the app where you created your custom ringtone.
6. Under Ringtones Documents, click on your custom ringtone and then click 'Save As" at the bottom
7. Save your ringtone anywhere in your computer where you can find it later.
8. Go to 'Tones" tab under the iPhone menu on iTunes.
9. Find the folder where you saved your ringtone and click "Sync" at the very bottom right corner.
10. Once finished syncing, you can proceed to set up your ringtones on your iPhone

Setting Ringtones on the iPhone:
This is what I know for the ios 6. It may be different labels for ios 5.
1. Tap Settings > Sounds >
2. Scroll Down and tap "Tweet"
3. Scroll Down and under "Ringtones" choose any one of your custom ringtones to use.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply