This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of attacks on the Second Amendment do you expect?
01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
What kind of attacks on the Second Amendment do you expect?
With all these freakin whack jobs shooting up everything. I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before Obama has enough public support to do some real damage to our freedoms. So how do you think the Dems will start their offensive, and what if anything can be done to stop them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 11:47 PM

I'm guessing anything that isn't a single shot,bolt action,double barrel or a revolver will be attacked.

I'm glad I sold all my guns last week,I just wish I remembered who I sold them to so I could report that when they come asking...Damn,oh well.

Ads

They'll start with attempting to put the Brady bill back without a sunset clause. It's what passed before, it may get refreshed to dump the weapons that aren't really made any more, but I doubt it. Plus it includes their main two pieces: the "assault weapons" - ARs and AKs, and hit's the capacity restriction at 10 rounds.

Thinkingblade

Edit: So, I've thought about the "what can we do to stop them?" question most of the day. In fact, I've been thinking about it for quite some time.

Here is what I think: I think we need to start on the attack of blaming those deaths on those people who try and push for gun control legislation.

More so then ever, we actually have a closed loop of the ineffectuality of gun control:
FACT: Illegal arms trafficing data from Fast and Furious tells us that strawman sales right next to a Cartel border represents less than a percent or two depending on the time slice of the illegal firearms brought into the us. This has been cooborated historically over the last 20 years many times.

RESULT? Criminals can ALWAYS arm themselves illegally. In fact further restrictions on legal purchase drives the continuing availability of a black market - it's a variant of the Prohibition problem.

FACT: In the US the highest per capita violent crime rates occur in unarmed cities. The highest occurrence of mass shootings occur in "gun free" zones and has since the policies came into effect. The Colorado shooter specifically targeted a "gun free" theater and said so in court because he wanted to the survive the incident.

RESULT? Gun Free Zones are targeted as Helpless Victim Zones and we see it over and over again.

FACT: The data clearly shows that, depending on exactly how you want to define the circumstance, guns safe half a million or more innocent lives a year.

RESULT: Those people's children live.

So ask the question - why are gun control advocates such selfish cowards that they refuse to take up their part of the social contract of providing a safe society? How many dead children do they have to see before they start to realize that what they believe has not worked in 3,000 years dating back to the Babylonian cultures? What death toll do they have to reach before they accept that they are actively part of the problem?

Because the answers of "I shouldn't have to!" Or "I'm not going to put myself at risk!" Or "I abhore violence, I can't do that!"

All pale in the light of what is on the other side ... that they value those things more than the 27 dead children in Colorado today. That they value that more than the lives of the 20 people in the movie theater in Colorado, or the people in the mall in Oregon. Ask them how they can look their own family in the face when they are committing that they won't value them enough to protect them.

Ask.

Thinkingblade is probably bang on. I just hope that with the debt/budget crises they won't have enough time to do anything until this blows over.

I have over 50 assorted gun I bought at gun shows off the books and almost a million rounds of ammo. Guess I will have to get in contact with ChiCom friends and start smuggling full auto AKs and sell them to drug gangs.

That is the $64 question. Which slippery slope are we going to go down?

We already have laws against hurting people. Got lots of laws against assault. Plenty of laws against manslaughter. Lots and lots of different ones for murder. Got laws that keep felons from buying guns. Got laws to keep people who have had domestic violence from buying them. Have laws to prevent guns from being brought into school.

What are we missing? I will tell you. We are missing people who respect the law. We have raised nearly two generations of them. I've watched kids call their parents and teachers 4 letter words to their face - nothing happens. Kid fails a test or class - nothing happens. Skip school, start a fight, steal, and bully - nothing is done. Maybe they get stuck 'grounded' in their room playing games were they steal cars and kill people, or, watch tv where people steal cars and kills people - grounded doesnt matter - they were gonna stay there all day anyway.

When you spare the rod - you spoil the child. Now that we have tons and tons of spoiled childeren, thanks to our wonderful liberal teachers and law makers who arrest parents for spanking thier kid - they can now enjoy reaping what they sow.

You cant legislate respect. Our schools have been cranking out millions of kids with no respect for each other, themselves, or anyone else. They have all grown up in a world with no consiquences.

20 elementary kids killed, grieving families. Another shooting in Oregon a day or two previous?
You can bet some new laws will go into effect.

What to do to stop it?
Aikido/ Judo - take the momentum of your opponent and direct it to your favor.
Simple obstruction means a poor outcome for all.

(Had an interesting conversation with a former Navy seal today about gun control. I may post a provocative question tomorrow.)

This is why it pays to vote for TEA Party Republicans.

It was already planned out well ahead of this latest incomprehensible act, and in fact it's being processed as we chat.
It all started years ago when the government decided to start monitoring it's citizens: cell phone calls, Internet traffic; e-mails; comments on websites; and so on.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/262044/h...ng_us.html
https://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a...urity.html
They know who you are, where you live, your friends, family, where you buy gas, what you buy at the store, your voice pattern, and likely more than you are conscious of about yourself.

Now all that needs to be done is to create 'profiles' of those who snap, and then match their behavior to the collected data, and you have instant 'likely behavior' candidates who will be subject to "closer scrutiny". See: http://www.usforacle.com/pre-crime-techn...-1.2628730 for current uses of these technologies.
And as time goes on, that ring of candidates will be expanded to include more and more citizens.
All this will be touted as being "for the public good" of course.
There is an agenda behind all the tracking being done, and these huge repositories of data will be annexed and used by whomsoever is in power to mold a society as they envision. Those who do not 'have their mind right' (as they see it) will no doubt be in for a life different from the one they had in mind.

It's gonna be a long winter...cozy up.

I think the Dems still remember their lesson learned in 1994. It is hard to tell what BHO will do. I think he will pretty much stand alone.