This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can we market out manga?
01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
How can we market out manga?
Me and my friend are making a manga. When its done, how can we sell it or distribute it? how can we get people to find out about it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 12:09 AM

Build a website (like mine Smile drawmeat.com or mangacontest.drawmeat.com)

Setup accounts on mulitipe websites like yahoo, tumblr, deviant art, digg, ect and be genuinely helpful there. Don't just spam your website. In fact don't mention it every single time you post, but only when it's appropriate to the help your giving. Make a reputation for yourself in the community of manga artists and readers on the internet not just as being someone who made a manga, but as someone who is helpful and who has interesting things to say about manga.

Work on side projects. Join other people's projects and get them to credit you and site your website as another place your art can be found.

NETWORK! Not just on facebook, myspace, and twitter, but in the real world. Go to comic book stores and conventions. Get to know the people in your community who share your interests and the interest of reading manga.

Give out free samples.

NEVER GIVE UP NO MATTER HOW SLOW IT STARTS.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply