This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are good things to add to a journal?
01-30-2013, 02:45 AM
What are good things to add to a journal?
I am making a little personalized journal to keep track of homework, my novel writing, and all personal stuff and ideas.
I currently have a homework tracker sheet, a character design sheet, and a contact sheet- what other sheets/parts do you think are cool things to add to a journal?
Thanks so much!
God Bless

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 02:53 AM

Add a sheet for extracurricular activities, events, things to do. I personally like to keep a section of any tracking device I own for personal quotes and quotes I've picked up along my studies.

Ads

I'd put 'watch' and 'pray' in. So, what I saw or heard that was important
to me, and then what I pray about (just main things) and what happens.
I'd likely want a section for that. That could help with spiritual tracking.

Hi D.T.

Maybe what do you want to do with your life, different things you've considered - lawyer/teacher e.t.c. - pro and cons against each one.

Life experience, you need replies to questions that interviewers ask - these are the 10 most common questions interviewers ask. http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/interviews...stions.htm

If you've got a good memory I wouldn't do lists! You end up writing stuff down which you've already done just to cross it off.

You could add research into novel - i.e. One of my characters was a nationally recognised gymnast. I only know gymnastics from watching. I had to find out, the lingo used and what accident she maybe able to have which may stop a gymnast in her prime? I was talking about one of the characters to one of my friends on Thursday and she said "You talk about her like she's a real person" - To me, I know her so well that she has become almost like that. You've got to know how would each of your characters react in any given situation.

Market research - what age or gender are you aiming your novel at and which editors are likely to go for it?

Things people you know or you, have done to make you laugh or struck you as worth remembering.

Photographs or images of places - mist across a field in the early morning, - people - I saw an elderly lady in a car, covered with snow holding a mini Christmas tree, whatever you want.

If I were you, I wouldn't call it a journal/diary though as otherwise some nosey person is bound to look in it.

God bless you
Helene

Are you a member of either twitter or youtube? Even watching my youtube video gets be a point andd if you can comment or "like" even better - you don't need to be in the U.K.. I think I've made sure you'll get the points for that question, even though I didn't pick it. I've voted for you with both my accounts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoao-Ruc0…

With twitter I'm 4ginven or look for me under Helene Crawford. It was intended to be 4given, but I muse have typed it wrong.