This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it rare for young adults to avoid social media?
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Is it rare for young adults to avoid social media?
I recently read some articles stating that employers, psychologists, and psychiatrists believe young adults, specifically towards ages 20 - 33, who avoid social media or don't have social networking accounts such as Facebook and/or Twitter, are considered as "suspicious" or "psychopaths." These theories are based on the recent tragedies of mass shootings in Aurora, Colorado during "The Dark Knight Rises" midnight show and the 2011 massacre in Norway. Both shooters had very little to no digital footprints. What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM

Sweet! I'm that way. That would be my guess though. That means they are spending less time socializing and more time on things that matter.

Ads

well if i was a psychopath i wouldnt have a facebook either, there wouldnt be any point if your just gonna kill a lot of people. (What's on your mind: "Just drowned a litter of kittens") and thats how it would be

That a sweeping generalization, based on the rare shooter. There are many people who don't use social media who are fine. Employers can be ridiculous.