This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get an Ipad or Windows Surface? Whats better for a college student?
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Should I get an Ipad or Windows Surface? Whats better for a college student?
So I read up on it and apparently the Windows Surface has some problems with apps and is a little slower when opening the apps but as I am getting a new iPhone for Christmas I have that to play games on, listen to music on. Ya know? I like that the Windows Surface comes with Microsoft office and has the USB and the card slot. I feel like that would be better for me for college but I was wondering what your thoughts were.
Also, won't there be updates for the Windows Surface that will help its problems apps in the future?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM

Ipad

Ads

the Surface will have fixes because this is Microsoft's baby. as a student I would recommend it

I'd recommend that you go w/the new Windows Surface. As you mentioned, it comes bundled w/Microsoft Office. The student version (RT) does NOT run a standard Intel processor (it uses an ARM cpu), so programs & applications have to be written specifically for it. If that's a concern for you, you should purchase the Windows 8 Pro version. See the link below for more info.

IPad is grossly overpriced, overrated and over hyped. As are ALL Apple products. Apple products are nothing more than very expensive status symbols. Stay away from the iPad, please. And, if it's not too late, the iPhone as well! Get the Surface. YES, there will be software updates. And, a lot of negative you read about Surface, and Android powered tablets are written by the Apple enamored, fanboy media. Android tablets are OUTSELLING iPad for good reasons. They're powered by Android which IS superior to Apple's ios. And, they're less expensive, better value for the money, and have better features than iPad. Plus, you're not locked into Apple's "walled garden" and tied to their ecosystem. Apple tightly controls apps, deciding what YOU, the consumer, can, and cannot have in apps. The Android apps aren't dictated by a corporation. The iPhone has had six iterations in five years, with little noticeable improvement between iterations, except between the defective iPhone 4 and the improvement done in the 4s making up for the defect, even though Apple NEVER really admitted fault, they NEVER do! They always blame the consumer, saying you're holding it wrong, you're not using it right, and so forth. Or, they'll lay blame on a vendor. NEVER themselves! You would like the Samsung Galaxy S3 so much more! It's an awesome phone. It's better featured, has better specifications, AND is just a nicer phone than the iPhone 5. My daughter in law HATES her iPhone! I have never fallen for Apple marketing, never will
I spend my money much more wisely than that! I'm getting the Galaxy S3 after the New Year. I can't wait!
Good luck!

iPad is better, in my opinion.

there really is no need to get the ipad
cause its really nothing more than a giant iphone
get the Microsoft surface RT
it really is an amazing tablet
it has a 10.6" screen with very good and high resolution
colors look clear and sharp on it
the tablet build quality is amazing
it feels perfect and its made from solid materials
the os on the tablet which is windows 8 is also amazing
its fast and fluid and also simple and easy to use
its made with touch in mind
the web browser is extremely good its fast and pages load up quickly
and it supports flash which is a huge plus and which is something that is lacking on most android tablets and all ios tablets
battery life is very good and would easily get you through more than 10 hours of heavy use
you can download apps from the windows marketplace which has many high quality apps
thousands of apps are being added everyday
more than 2000apps were added in less than 2 days
it does have more than 25000 apps now and like I said it will keep on increasing
it has dual cameras and both of them take amazing photos and videos
it has deep social network integration(skype,facebook,twitter,linkedin and so on)
you also get Microsoft office 2013 for free on it
and if you get the keyboard and attach it to it you'll have a laptop
overall the surface is an amazing tablet and you should get it
hope i helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com