This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is the WH asking people to post about what a $2000 rise in taxes would mean to them?
01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Why is the WH asking people to post about what a $2000 rise in taxes would mean to them?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/taxes/tax-cuts

"A typical middle class family of four would see its taxes rise by $2,200 starting in 2013. Middle-class families can’t afford that. A tax hike of about $2,000 means less money to buy groceries for fill a prescription. It means a tougher choice between paying the rent and paying tuition.

President Obama is calling on Congress to pass a bill that would prevent 98 percent of American families from paying higher taxes next year. But this is our biggest challenge yet -- and it’s one that we can only meet together.

More than 300,000 Americans are already speaking out about what $2,000 means to them. Join them by sharing your story above or on Twitter with the hashtag #My2k"

Since the Bush tax cuts wouldn't affect them at all, since it was only for the rich.
Heck, I've had people already tell me this morning they never saw a $2000 tax cut. Just following the logic of libs here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 07:11 PM

They are trying to get the people to put pressure on Congress.

Ads

First off the increase would only be about 800.00 dollars. what he is not tell you is the other 1200.00 is coming anyway because of his health care bill, but understands some people out there are suckers, who believe what he says.

This is poorly worded.
I get that you are for making the Bush tax cuts permanent. The only thing is. Mittens lost badly.
He ran on doing that and people weren't cool with it.

That is how it is.
Sorry.

Since most Republicans are middle class and not rich, I wonder how it would affect them? I'm sure they, like myself, cannot afford another $2K in taxes.

It really bewilders me why they are okay with paying more money so that the rich can buy more cars and yachts. I guess either they don't think that their taxes are going to be raised or they're just confused about the whole situation.

Trying to put pressure on House Republicans.. expecially the Tea Party element who has vowed never to compromise. A tax hike of $2,000 is about $38.00 a week. The Bush tax cuts were for everyone and they should have been allowed to expire on schedule for everyone.

0bama wants the fiscal cliff and the tax increases and military cuts that come with it .

He wants these testimonials to use as propaganda to distract from that.

well dont you think where your making alot less money than a millionaire of even billionaire you should get a tax break bush and his pals got 12 yrs of tax breaks im talking big corporations billionaires millionaires enough is enough

Propoganda

Allows some of the rich to see how the other half lives.