This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the difference between the new ipod nano and the ipod touch?
01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
What is the difference between the new ipod nano and the ipod touch?
I was looking for an ipod touch and I say an iPod nano which looked like it. what's the difference?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM

the iPod nano doesn't play any games on it only plays songs. the ipod touch lets you play games listen to music, browse the web, you can get apps

Ads

On a nano you can only listen to music, and it's a little smaller. An iTouch you can listen to music with while playing games and other apps, browsing the web, keeping contacts organized, texting over iMessage, FaceTimeing(which is like Skyping), and lots more. If you only want music, just get the nano, but otherwise, get the iTouch. And if you get the iTouch, get the 16GB or the 32GB, not the 8GB because that's what I have and it isn't enough AT ALL, but I didn't really have a choice since my uncle got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. I really hope this helps!!!

The iPod Touch has iOS, you can download and install apps, unlike the Nano.

• Capability:

iPod Nano: Music, movies, TV shows, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, photos, FM radio, Fitness Walk + Run support built in, Nike+ support built in.

iPod touch: 5MP iSight camera, 1080p HD video recording, Siri, AirPlay Mirroring, apps, games, music, widescreen video, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, email, Safari web browser, Facebook and Twitter integration, Passbook, Maps

• Battery Life:

iPod Nano: Audio playback Up to 30 hours Video playback Up to 3.5 hours
iPod Touch: Audio playback Up to 40 hours Video playback Up to 8 hours

• In The Box:

iPod Nano: Apple EarPods, Lightning to USB Cable
iPod Touch: Apple EarPods, Lightning to USB Cable, iPod touch loop

• Capacity and Price:

iPod Nano: 16GB - $149
iPod Touch: 32GB - $299, 64GB - $399

• Size:

iPod Nano: 3.01 × 1.56 × 0.21 inches (76.5 × 39.6 × 5.4 mm)
iPod Touch: 4.86 × 2.31 × 0.24 inches (123.4 × 58.6 × 6.1 mm)

• Weight:

iPod Nano: 1.1 ounces (31 grams)
iPod Touch: 3.10 ounces (88 grams)

• Charge Time:

iPod Nano: About 3 hours (1.5-hour fast charge to 80%)
iPod Touch: About 4 hours (2-hour fast charge to 80%)

• Display:

iPod Nano: 2.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
iPod Touch: 4-inch (diagonal) Multi-Touch Retina display

• Navigation:

iPod Nano: Multi-Touch display
iPod Touch: Multi-Touch display

• Ports:

iPod Nano: Lightning connector, stereo minijack
iPod Touch: Lightning connector, stereo minijack

• Connectivity:

iPod Nano: USB through Lightning connector; audio through headphone jack
iPod Touch: USB through Lightning connector; audio through headphone jack

• Wireless:

iPod Nano: Nike+ support, Bluetooth 4.0

iPod Touch: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Nike+ support built in††, Maps location-based service, Bluetooth 4.0

• Audio support:

iPod Nano: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

iPod Touch: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

• Photo support:

iPod Nano: Syncs iPod-viewable photos in JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD (Mac only), and PNG formats
iPod Touch: Syncs iPod-viewable photos in JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD (Mac only), and PNG formats

• Video support:

iPod Nano: H.264 video, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline, Main and High Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

iPod Touch: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format