This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which phone network is better, O2 or Orange?
01-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Which phone network is better, O2 or Orange?
Hi,
I currently have an iPhone 5 and I am currently on a 30-day rolling contract with Orange in which I spend about £25 a month paying for Unlimited texts, 300 minutes and 500mb of data.

Now, since Orange/T-Mobile have been bought out by EE, my service with Orange has dropped dramatically, As in, my messages won't always send and I find myself having to turn my phone on and off for them to eventually send and my internet won't work at all even when connected to 3G - nothing with load, such as my email, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

So, I was looking into O2 and how they have a second-wheel company called GiffGaff and their "Goodybags" are so cheap for what they offer. I was just wondering how reliable O2 and even more, GiffGaff are as a whole? Would I expect service problems like I have been with Orange? The only reason why I want to stay with Orange is for Orange Wednesday's, but I'd rather pay less for my tariff and have it be reliable on me.

So, yeah. Sorry for the over-extensive story. Which one is better?

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 01:54 AM

I would say 02. I've Ben on it for about 10 years any hardly have problems

Ads

O2 i have been with them for 6 years never had a problem with them signal coverage is great, rewards for customers are great plus o2 is cheap and offer loads of discounts for things like hi street shops if you join o2 more

EE did not buy T-Mobile and Orange. They both joined together to create EE.

o2 is a solid network, one if the best in the UK. GiffGaff have really good deals and as they piggy bank off the o2 network you will definitely have good quality service.

O2 uk! They didn't own most of the market share for nothing. I've been on O2 for years and won't even look at any other networks, my step dad has tried all the others and went straight back to o2!

Hope this helps

All network have on their internet site a coverage checker so you check this yourself
All networks have had some outages which are really really inconvenient when they do happen 02 twice in 2012, but these are really really infrequent beforev that ?

O2 as a networks themselves offering BOTH Contract and Sim Only Contract [SOC]
Giff Gaff is closely related to O2, but is a MNVO, you bring your UNLOCKED phone to the network No contract phones are offered.

Giff Gaff WERE one one the best SOC better than all the networks including O2 ( and I dare say you can see my but.... ) as Giff Gaff offered a 30 day rolling SOC which Orange no where matches and some 12months SOC also did NOT,

But.... Giff Gaff have the surrendered the crown to the TESCO who are also an MNVO like Giff Gaff (AND also use the O2 network) but? (however) Tesco ALSO offer phones on contract in addition to the SOC

So with both GG and Tesco on O2 coverage is the same, you are already aware of the 30 day GG "Goody bag" start at £10.00 with £10.00 Goody Bag - 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB mobile Internet for a month

Tesco have DOUBLE the minutes for SAME £10.00 500 Min's 1 GB data, alas only 5000 texts! http://shop.tescomobile.com/sim-only?tmc...w#sim-type[]=SIM-ONLY&monthly-min=7&monthly-max=25&minutes-min=100&minutes-max=3000 [£7.50 has NO data!!]

Both these are 40% of what you are paying now or instead of £600.00 over 2 years £240.00 {aka use the money saved to BUY your own Cinema TICKETS I think}

You will ned a PAC code from Orange if you want to keep your current number
Your Iphone5 need to be UNLOCKED also.

If... if if you have bought your iP5 from CPW, [small print]
"Please note: iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards."