This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think facebook activism is effective in creating social change?
01-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Do you think facebook activism is effective in creating social change?
Give your thoughts, rants, and ideas on the issue. What do you think about facebook and twitter movements that call for social change? Do they work? Do they do anything?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM

Honestly not. Anyone can join a group, but a click isn't as tangible as either an armed revolution, or large peaceful demonstration. Anyone can complain or ask for about things, but creating change takes more than that, it takes action. Examples of action that achieved changes can go from the American Revolution, other nations wars of independence, Poland's solidarity movement, Gandhi in India, among many other things.

Ads

I think facebook is an effective tool to meet people and make new friends.......

I'm not sure what you mean by social change in this particular context.

actually itis a double-edged weapon;but it's bad side affects more."Calling for social change" is an invalid Motto..!!! itis calling for social disturbance indeed,many disasters happen cuz of posting ur information or photo,etc... we all know that,and strange ppl who add u or sending u FREAK messages:"Oh, u r so hot can we be friends..??!! " what kind of social communication is this ???,and oh ! "friend of the day " and "lover of the day "and ppl keep choosing lover of the day, though they may not have a love relationship then..! Big Grin
yet,it helps knowing what's up wz ur friends,how they are,.... But again itis not the only way to communicate wz the ppl u know.....so the answer to ur question is :YES, facebook effects in creating HUGE social change,but it's not a good change i think..{My opinion Smile)) }

No. It actually really, really annoys me, because it accomplishes NOTHING and they act like it's important.