This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feel worthless and depressed?
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Feel worthless and depressed?
For ages now I have been feeling as if my life is going nowhere. I'm in my last year of high school (16) and accomplished nothing.
I'm so lonely, I have a few "friends" at school but we don't hang out ever outside of the classroom. I spend all afternoons and weekends mostly at home wishing I was somewhere else. I've never had a boyfriend and can't see myself getting one as no one is interested in me.
I don't have any interests and can't imagine what job I am going to end up doing. I don't feel as if I can talk to anyone, mainly because I have got in such a state that they are thinking it's worse tha it is.
All I ever wanted was someone to love and a good social life, it really upsets me that I have no proper friends.
All I ever see on Facebook and twitter is parties and everyone going out and I'm always sat at home.
I'm really shy and going out to busy places is sort of a problem, I do go but I feel so insecure about the way I look and dress.
I don't know what to do anymore? It feels as i through sixth form it will all be exactly the same and I don't think I can deal with it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 08:57 PM

First of all, you have your whole life to accomplish something. Graduating from high school in itself is an accomplishment. Don't sweat this stuff right now...you'll figure out what you want to do eventually.

As for being depressed, maybe you just need a self esteem boost and a good support system. Check out this info on teenage depression and how to take charge of it.

http://mental.healthguru.com/video/warni...hooanswers

http://mental.healthguru.com/slideshow/1...hooanswers

Good luck and remember...you've got your whole life to do awesome things!

Ads

Turn to Christ, pray, and read the Bible

OMG! I am in the exact same situation!
It really gets me down sometimes. Not having anyone to talk to can make things worse.
Think about what you really loved doing when you were little.
Drawing? What you can do now: DRAW!!! Future: Architecture.
Music? Now: Learn to play an instrument/new one Future: Have Jam sessions with people you meet at gigs.
Helping People Out? Now: Volunteer. Future: Volunteer.
Helping the homeless? Same as above.
Fashion? Fashion Designing! Fashion Writer!!
Making people laugh?
Recording events?

Just don't fret. There are lots of people in your situation, and there are people to help you with jobs for the future.

For now, just try and figure out your interests. Big Grin

Good Luck!

you remind me of myself, I've felt the same and am currently, except for the fact that I know what i want to do with my life, I just don't know how to achieve my goals, and how to get to the "next level" in my educational status.

I'm only 15 but I feel as if I've lived the lives of many and that the way I'm treated in society is a punishment for what i have done in these "past lives". for me this is the only logical conclusion for me to be treated the way I am (by this i mean, ignored by everyone except my few friends and family, treated unfairly by parents, teachers and my fellow "peers", the loss of many friends just because I wanted to be me and no one but).

Now for me music is everything, I'm partially blind so other things are quite a challenge for me, luckily I have a very acute sense of hearing and music comes naturally to me, i find it that when i play i forget this world and, travel into the depths of my soul and, heart I learn things about myself and this world because of it. I'm also very interested in certain types of poetry, most of it makes me feel depressed just reading it but better about everything at the same time.

My only suggestion would be to try and find something that you take an interest upon, and pursue it no matter how impossible the journey may be, the road to inner-understanding and, knowledgeability is filled painful and, sorrowful experiences, but it will help you learn everything you want and need to, to enjoy your time on this earth.

I suggest trying to meet someone who could help you, and support you through any decisions you want to make! and don't feel depressed, or sad, one day you will have to realize that this world is filled with lies, hate, pain, and suffering, but also cheer and, happiness and you must learn to accept it, other then run from the truth.

i've been there, i think everyone has. infact i still am, i found that getting a hobbie is a good idea. just try and stay away from drink and drugs, you will make friends eventually. you'll meet loads of new people after school!!! Smile

your suffering from anxiety and depression, speak to your gp, tell him/her everything youve wrote here. things will get better i promise