This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In Downton Abbey,is there a difference between the American version and the United Kingdom version?
01-31-2013, 10:51 PM
In Downton Abbey,is there a difference between the American version and the United Kingdom version?
I have a few questions about Downton Abbey!! I have heard that the American version is shorter than the UK version and that we miss some scenes (is this true and if so what do we miss?)...So I live in America and I have never watched Downton Abbey on the TV. I watched the first season on Netflix. So for the first season on Netflix I was wondering if it was the original version or the American version.

I bought season 2 at the store on DVD in America and I was wondering if there was any difference in that too, like is it shorter and missing scenes?

I know that season 3 airs in America on January 6, 2013 and I was just wondering is that the same for the United Kingdom, or has it already aired there bc, and if it has aired in the United Kingdom how long ago? Like does it air in the United kingdom before it airs in America?

So when January 6 comes and when I start watching Downton Abbey season 3 here in America will it be shorter than it is in the United Kingdom? and if it is shorter where can I see the entire episode?
by the way Thanks!!!!!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 10:59 PM

it is cut or usa tv broadcasts but the dvds are the same

Nonethe­less, Ms Eaton admitted cuts had been made to fit Downton Abbey into four 90-minute episodes.

'American audiences are used to a different speed when it comes to television drama and you need to get into a story very quickly,' she said.

'We also wanted to get to the point where Matthew Crawley [the family's middle-class cousin and unlikely heir] arrives on the scene much faster than in the British version. He is a pivotal character and his arrival brings with it drama and conflict.

'In the British version he doesn't arrive until episode two. In our version he is there in episode one.'

Ms Eaton insisted that any changes were minor and did not affect the quality of the programme. It will, however, be released in its entirety in the States on DVD, billed as the British original.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...z2GC6tGz7c
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...ewers.html

Ads

01-31-2013, 10:59 PM

I guess the US versions will be cut to fit the TV schedule, although the UK version airs on a commercial network there are less commercial breaks in the UK than the US.