This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am a sophomore in high school and I might be transferring to a different high school for junior/senior years?
02-01-2013, 03:33 AM
I am a sophomore in high school and I might be transferring to a different high school for junior/senior years?
I have a good number of friends and go to a private school and will be transferring to a private school. I am a 16 yr old male I only play golf for a sport but the school I am transferring to has a ping pong club that I will join.

Is it hard transferring this time in high school? Is it hard to make new friends? Any other info/advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 03:41 AM

Transferring to a new school is ALWAYS hard, but take heart! There are good friends waiting for you there.
When you get there, show up with a good attitude. Don't talk too much about your old school. The kids there will not be interested, and will resent it, because they are loyal to their school. Get involved in some school activities right away so you can build some spirit. Wearing the colors, etc. will help you to transition. Smile at EVERYONE, and say hi. You often find friends in the most unlikely places.....
Take your studies seriously. It is possible to get a good education at any school -- that is always dependent on the student.
Good luck in your new surroundings!

Ads

Yes, transferring to a new high school at your age is always difficult. It's much easier to do in the modern world, with smart phones and other social media, because you can stay in contact with friends from last school much easier than 10 years or longer ago.

If you have good transportation, buses, or ability to meet weekends with old friends it may also help smooth the transfer, because teens at your age need good friends and social support to feel good about themselves.

But gradually, by your senior year at new school, you should have ability to form new relationships. Just remember that you won't be only new student there, mobility of parents today is greater than olden days, especially with job market and so many parents having to move to find better jobs.

Joining the ping pong club and other clubs at new school will be great, to speed your transition, finding others that share your interests.

More important, is to make friends with your new teachers, counselors, administrators, because they had two years to get to know the other Juniors at your school, you need to make an effort that they "catch up" with you as a person too.

By graduation time, you may need recommendations from the school staff for employment, scholarships, and other things.

When you are an adult, you too will be more mobile, maybe having to move even to another state to find work, or go to college, so often even your good friends will have to left behind again. Forming friends isn't just a one time thing, it happens again, and again over a lifetime.

Just remember, to make friends you first must be a friend. And be someone that others will trust and enjoy talking too. When you are likeable, people like you. Easy, really. Just tough having to start all over again.
Good luck.

No, it isn't always hard.

I transferred from one junior high to the other and it was the best decision I could have ever made.

In some cases it is difficult though

Just be yourself. That is the best advice I can give you. Good luck.
I hope you like your new school

It's always hard to transfer schools, but it's a good thing that you are a sophomore. Junior and Senior year is what matters most.

Try to be yourself and make new friends! Most of all, do good in school! Smile

Good luck bro.

um i am a freshman, but i moved the summer before my 8th grade year and i moved to germany where i am currently i wouldn't say it is hard but its different moving, it depends are you like a social butterfly beacause if so you will make plans in no time thats me i made friend in the matter of like 2 days of coming to germany. Extra advice don't keep to yourself if you are the quiet one get out and have fun but at the same time i got here my 8th grade year and i got stuck with the wrong group of people so just watch your back, don't depend on anyone but the friends you have known forever. I have been backstabbed, trust me.