This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fellow Brits. Why are you so against Europe?
02-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Fellow Brits. Why are you so against Europe?
A greater more unified Europe is the only chance we have of competing economically on a global scale AND preserving our culture at the same time

European countries all celebrate Christmas, they love football, the same art, architecture, music, beers, wines etc

I will never forget the Irish and Spanish football fans singing together in bars at Euro 2012 before the game. THAT is Europe.

But us British fools are different, distancing ourselves from Europe, opening the gates to countries like India, Pakistan etc whose cultures are completely alien to us

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM

Im not british, but after meeting a dude from there he told me that Europeans just generally hate them

Ads

They're not. Their government is scared of a revolt ala Greek and Spanish though.

They are mostly Little Englanders, suspicious of them furriners. Reform is needed in the EU, but we shouldn't leave to keep these backward bigots happy

I am open to western Europe.

WE UKIP people aren't against cultural exchange with the near continent. It's fun to go somewhere where the weather's good, the beer's cheap(er) and you can have a go talking another language. Anyway, Indian food is a mainstream part of our culture now.

What ISN'T fun is paying 5 billion a year to subsidise other countries. Wait til the Turks join, oh f***, then there'll be some moaning!

I'm seriously starting to doubt that you're actually British...

After the Napoleonic Wars Britain promised to keep out of Europe, we only went back to kick Germany's arse twice. 200 years of Empire building later and it's hard to shake off old traditions. Especially when before Napoleon Britain had fought the French 75 times in 150 years, the Seven Year War (the first truly global war) was another reason not to get involved with a bunch of nationalist morons that fight over their silly borders.

Not against Europe and its people, its those that sit in the ivory towers in Brussels, the bureaucrats who have created a gravy train at the expense of the Taxpayers. We in the UK need to get our own country back as a right, without interference from the unelected and unknown clowns. The Treaty as such needs urgent amendment and return to the basics we in this country joined for, Free Trade.

There are advantages and disadvantages to being in the EU. Personally, I'd rather remain in the EU