This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
rhh: did u see this post from ceschi?
02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
rhh: did u see this post from ceschi?
i dunno if u guys are familiar with ceschi or not but hes a rapper and founder of fake four inc which represents artists like dark time sunshine blue sky black death sadistik awol one and many others. anyway he posted a status update on facebook about an hour ago that i found interestin and wanted to share:

"There seems to be a myth that the digital age has evened out the playing field between independent & major labels.
This is not true.
Very few independent labels have budgets, marketing & PR teams, radio promo or distribution that could ever match the monopoly of major labels.

% Of U.S. Music Sales In 2011

Universal Music Group - 29.9%
Sony Corp. - 29.3%
Warmer Music Group - 19.1%
EMI Group -
9.6%
Indies 12.1%

(Plus a good portion of that "Indies" group is made up of Independent labels distributed by majors.)

The monster is trying to swallow us whole and appropriate our indie aesthetics & sound to fool the population into believing that Odd Future is an underground rap group with no major label management or that someone like Lana Del Rey came from nothing to youtube stardom.

I personally pledge to SOLELY buy music & merchandise from independent record labels & independent artists. Strong supportive grassroots communities keep us alive.
If there's ever a moment when I want to own a Kendrick Lamar record or the next MGMT album or whatever - I will illegally download those albums and feel no guilt over it."

so what do u think of this? do u agree with what hes sayin?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Make a f*ckin last.fm n*gga!

Ads

ya i download everything they rich enough fuck jayz

I don't exactly agree, I feel stealing music from even rich artists is wrong. If I became famous I wouldn't want people to do that. I do however agree in buying and supporting underground artist's work, that should definitely happen, and more people should do this.

Meh. It beats me that why would anyone want to listen to Mgmt even if its free.
Ps-That nacho picaso album produced by bsbd sucked