This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fraley v. Facebook E-Mail?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
02-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Fraley v. Facebook E-Mail?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
I got an email from legalnotice its about something and i'm about to cry!! I'm only 14 and I barely go on facebook!!!! It's about how some business called Sponsored Stories take peoples photographs, likenesses, and identities of Facebook users in the United States to advertise or sell products and services through Sponsored Stories without obtaining those users' consent. THEY SAY ACCORDING TO RECORD I MAY BE A "CLASS MEMBER". I never like anything a whole lot on facebook!! I need to know if someone else is going through this!! I'm about to hyperventilate!!!! ~Tori :''O

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM

hey i just got the same email i was wondering what it was if you get anything please let me know. i think it could be a lie though

Ads

Omg me too.! Please help us please I'm like about to cry to :'( anyone please explain to us

Yes I just got the same email along with thousands of other people a few hours ago. its more than likely a scam. Yes it involves a legitimate case and Fraley WAS an actual person suing but the case was 6 months ago so more than likely a person expected us to research and is trying to trick us by using real names even though its a fake email either virus or a ploy to ask for bank accounts and personal info just delete/ignore it and carry on

first of all, calm down. The itself is legitimate. over 120 million people have received it, including myself. What had happened was that Facebook had sold information to companies of the products and things you like, which can then go into marketing strategies to get you to buy more. This isn't entirely illegal until your personal information goes out along with it without your consent. The case has been going on for two years now, the most you would be able to claim is $10. In things like this, it is usually more hassle than its worth to try and claim the money. Don't freak out, its just a bunch of political nonsense that got settled. All you need to do is wait for the better security settings on your Facebook page that are soon to follow.

PS: 120-125 million people and only $20 million? the math isn't even good enough to look into it further in my book. If there is any left over money, its already decided to go to nonprofit organizations.