This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free/Cheap Website Builder?
02-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Free/Cheap Website Builder?
I am an Assistant Manager at a village pub/bar, we already have a Facebook page and twitter account but would like to have a seperate website with several pages for a gallery, upcoming functions etc. Can anyone reccomend a free or cheap website builder to use and maybe give some ideas as to how much storage I may need and bandwith etc.

Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 03:47 AM

For your purposes, I'd try WordPress.com. Yes, its designed for blogging but it's powerful enough that you can make galleries, pages, etc. Unlimited bandwidth is provided, so you don't need to worry about that. They provide you with 1Gb of storage as well. That might not be enough to store for big galleries, but you can always host your photos somewhere else (Flickr? Photobucket?).

If you don't have much design background, it's easy to make a good-looking website because they have a lot of customizable themes (free and paid).

The free option does put little banner ads on some pages, but if you're looking for something for free ads are pretty much guaranteed.

Websites like CNN, Time, TED use it for their websites as well.

edit: I just checked, the give you 3gb storage, not 1! That's probably enough!

Ads

If you want something easy to use without having to learn extensively on how to get it up and running (as it sounds like you have a lot of other more important things to do at work), you should checkout Weebly or Jimdo.

Both are website creators that does all the hosting for you for free. So just sign up, and start building. Weebly is probably a simplest website builder since they use a drag and drop interface so you can drag image, text, gallery blocks to the website.

Jimdo is not a pure drag and drop, but still very easy to use.

Here are more information on Weebly and Jimdo that you might find helpful - http://www.website-builder-review.info/

Good luck!

Most of the best website builders are free to start off with and if you don't exceed their free usage, it's completely free which is usually enough for a normal website that gets about 100 visits a day. Here's a list good builders:

http://www.ukhostingweb.com/create-websi...eb-builder