This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think this is a scam or not?
02-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Do you think this is a scam or not?
Okay, so, my friend does all of these online marketing businesses and seems to make a lot of money. He offered to sell me part of his website for $140. He told me the site makes up to 30 sales a day, and the website makes an estimated $1,400-$2,800 a week. I can get paid via paypal, check, or direct deposit.
I know this guy is real, because, well, I'm friends with his friends, I have his phone number, I have his Facebook, and I have his address.

I would have definitely already signed up if it was free.
But I've wary about the $140 upfront cost.
Considering, if it ISN'T a scam I'll get that back in less than a week.
If it IS a scam, I'm out $140.

The job is really easy. Advertising. Marketing. Etc.

What would you do?
Would you go for it or not?
Well.
It isn't for free.
Heh.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 03:53 AM

All stuff online is bullsh*t now.

Ads

you should go for it

Did they ask for a resume... do they care that you were in prison (of if you haven't) do they care about your previous job experiences.. If no to all the answers.. it is probably a scam.

If Anyone is asking for money upfront tell them to shove it up.

Don't do it.

Scammier than a scammy thing on Scam street, Scamsville.

If he's being generous by paying you, why would he need $140 if he's making that much?

If this were not a scam, they would take $140 out of your first paycheck. The fact they are asking you to pay upfront is a guaranteed scam

There are scam busting sites with online lists of the names scammers use, their fake job offes, their email addresses, stock copy/paste emails, paid-for-in-cash cell phone numbers, stolen pictures and fake websites they use. You could start your search and post/ask at such sites.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even partial sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.