This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WWE News: Is Shelton Benjamin Returning to WWE?
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
WWE News: Is Shelton Benjamin Returning to WWE?
For about a week now, Shelton Benjamin has been rumored to be heading back to the WWE.

After these rumors broke, Benjamin took to Twitter to deny the rumors stating:

Sorry to kill the rumors but at this point no one from wwe has contacted me about returning.

— Shelton J. Benjamin (@Sheltyb803) December 13, 2012
Now, it appears that the former "Gold Standard" may have been either fooling his followers, or simply covering his butt.

As, F4Wonline.com (via WrestlingInc.com) reports:

F4Wonline.com reports that Shelton Benjamin gave his notice to Ring of Honor because WWE is interested in him. Apparently WWE and Benjamin will be negotiating now. Word is that Benjamin isn't necessarily leaving ROH but he was released from his contract and there is a good chance he will be leaving for good for WWE.
Read more:

Let's face it, getting on the WWE roster once is quite a feat, doing it twice in a career is a rarity. So, trying to keep a potential business deal involving his WWE return under wraps is completely understandable.

Ultimately, with the Royal Rumble just a few weeks away, I have to imagine that Benjamin would be making his return then. The fact is, the Rumble has historically been used as a platform to bring back stars from the past. Most times, these appearances are just used as a one-off. However, there have been times that the returning star finds their way back into the fold.

Overall, I really do not see a spot for Benjamin in today's WWE. Do not get me wrong, he is a solid performer, but his mic skills leave much to be desired. Not to mention, during his time with the WWE, he was mostly used in an upper mid-card level talent and never really moved past that.

So, I cannot imagine that being away for almost three years will change his situation much. Then add in the fact that he is 37-years-old, one has to wonder what the WWE would have in store for him? Personally, I feel he would be best used as someone to help develop future stars. Right now, the WWE has several people on their roster that are just on the cusp of stardom and could benefit from the right feud.

And, that is where I feel Benjamin would be best suited. In the end, we will have to wait and see if he returns and how he will be used. Until then we are left to just speculate.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 10:12 PM

Yeah he is returning I wish they would bring back shaniqua

Ads

shelton benjamin and mvp has been rumored to return but shelton said he hasnt been contacted by them so he probably aint but i wish he did though and mvp

He might return at the RR. I read online that Jeff Hardy might return cause his contract will TNA expires in early 2013

It's great that he's coming back to the WWE but remember what happened last time? WWE left him in the dirt, gave him small title reigns with the US title and didn't have memorable matches or feuds. He has phenomenal talent and WWE should use this for a possible WHC title reign. The US title being held by Antonio Cessaro is getting more credit now as a worthy champion is holding it and has great matches each and every time he steps in the ring.