This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this really what is considered fashion?
02-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Is this really what is considered fashion?
haha, so I just joined polyvore and I was looking through the people they automatically made me follow. I came across this girl, and I was kind of surprised. Been a member for only 4 months. Over 5 thousand likes. Almost a thousand followers. I looked at her sets, and I'm confused. Sure, some are cute, but most are just weird to me. She's got so many likes, and I don't understand it. Is this really what young people see as stylish or fashionable?

http://yhani.polyvore.com/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 11:30 PM

Thats hidous... im 15 btw

Ads

I think it might be but I don't see it either. your right some arent too bad at all but mostly it looks like she just randomly put things together and picked really expensive stuff most young people couldn't even afford.

I like those boots. Thats it for me lol

Because of its system of likes and followers, Polyvore is as much about social networking as are Tumblr or Twitter. She's probably following thousands of people, and only a percentage of those do "follow-backs" and follow her in return.
She also titles her sets with vague, hipster song lyrics, and there's a certain cant of people who dig that.

The most remarkable thing about her sets, perhaps, is how she takes mundane commonplace clothes and puts them into cute outfits. I personally like Polyvore as an inspiration board, but she seems to be using it as a place to compile new outfits from articles of clothing that her followers might already have in their closets.