This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think defines the 1930's? Why was it a period of pessimism?
02-02-2013, 11:46 PM
What do you think defines the 1930's? Why was it a period of pessimism?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 11:54 PM

The Great Depression, my friend. No one had any money, not to mention the long trail of world problems after WWI and the the other trail leading up to WWII. And the post-war funk- you know, lost generation? All that? Everything? I couldn't begin to explain it all in a little box of text, but I hope that helps.

Ads

Well, of course in germany it was the period of hitler's consolidation of power. First freed from "house arrest" in bavaria (in which he wrote "mein kampf." Then democratically elected chancellor. Then becoming the all-controlling fuerer, who was leading germany out of the crushing versailles treaty in which they were helplessly expiring. (While the world looked the other way.) Heil hitler was the cry of a "liberated" people. Who mostly regarded him as savior.

After the Stock Market Crash of 1929,the world plunged into the Great Depression. The 1930s were
a decade of despair and struggle,so many people went broke and lost their jobs. Social reforms
were instituted in the U.S. and other countries because of it,at the same time it caused the rise of
fascist regimes in Europe. A very bad time in world history.